Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    WhiteCrow Guest

Personally I love the idea of Rose coming back, I might even try to sneak back onto OG for those episodes, because frankly those army of Rose haters deserve to have their noses rubbed in it.

I still vote Rose the best companion EVER!!! Ant Williams beware! [It was he who caused Rose to have an early exit from last companion standing, and I've neither forgiven or forgot]

As I said before, so far the makers of the new Who have done a darned good job, and I remember hating the logo when it was first released (but now admit it looks great) and hating the new-look Cyberman when we got the first photo (but admit they looked superb on -screen). So it's quite possible the return of Rose will be a triumph. BUT I have to say I still can't see how it can be anything other than a backward step for the show, and (without being too pompous) for the character. What more is there to do with Rose? She can't end up married and living in Worthing with the Doctor, and RTD's scoffing comments in various DWMs would suggest there's no chance of her being killed off, so...

It just seems too much of an overload in the next season, and may well rob Doomsday of a lot of its impact.

In other news... I see there's a new Voyage of the Damned pic on the BBC site! Axons with wings!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    RTD's scoffing comments in various DWMs would suggest there's no chance of her being killed off, so...
    he HAS lied before (i.e. about the Master), so there's hope yet!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Although there will be three special editions in 2009, David Tennant is off to thesp it up with Royal Shakespeare Company next year, provoking doubts that he will return to the role.

Rhys Ifans and John Simm were recently named as possible replacements, with Lily Allen linked to the part of intergalactic companion. ®

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/11/27/who_tyler/

They can't be serious about Simm,

Can they?
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Pip Madeley Guest

Those names have been rumoured for a while. All guff.

Tennant's gonna come back. The reason they have the breaks is to enable him to work on other stuff besides Who all the time. So, I doubt he's leaving.

Oh and Billie WILL be back it's confirmed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7114699.stm

Lily Allen? Dear gawd NO

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowUK View Post
    Personally I love the idea of Rose coming back, I might even try to sneak back onto OG for those episodes, because frankly those army of Rose haters deserve to have their noses rubbed in it.

I still vote Rose the best companion EVER!!! Ant Williams beware! [It was he who caused Rose to have an early exit from last companion standing, and I've neither forgiven or forgot]
    Only , perhaps, because he got there first.

Hoo - - ray @ the news
    Bazinga !

Rose was a good companion, but the best? To be honest, I much prefer Martha over Rose. With Martha, we get the sense that she knows what she's doing and that she can handle herself. I also feel that Martha cares more about her family than Rose ever did hers. (Rose pretty much ran off after any major catastrophe threatened everyone she loved. Meanwhile Martha in the last episode decided to stay with her family. Might be a boring choice to some of you, but nonetheless the more realistic and human one)

So, we've had Bad Wolf, Torchwood and Mister Saxon. Do we know if S4 has something similar?

Maybe some subliminal message everywhere for the Doctor to see saying "Better get some more chairs in the console room" ?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

"They're coming!"

OG member canterbury has posted an updated "Confirmed Spoilers" list:

OBVIOUSLY CONTAINS SPOILERS!!
    http://www.doctorwhoforum.com/showpo...&postcount=580

Is Cribbins really playing Donna's Grandad?

Spoilers from the new issue of DWM, according to OG members Dean Stevens-Mullis and 04nbod:

"Hi all spoilers ahead for new episode titles from the latest magazine :-)

Episode 1 Partners in Crime

Episode 4 The Sontaran Strategem

Plus another episode tiltle concealed in production notes text which i', taking a guess at being..Streets of London or Mysterious Creature

Dean"

"OF COURSE THESE ARE SPOILERS SO BE WARY!

i think the hidden title is 'mysterious creature' in the new DWM. Streets of London is apparantly the song that was sung by DT and JB on the region 2 commentary and Mysterious Creature is capitalised unnecesessarily unless it is a name...

according to the production notes. UNIT will be front and centre of the sontaron two parter. Episode 11 contains the words, Leeds, photocopy, spanish, telescope and raffle ticket along with the line 'Don't get chippy with me Vera Duckworth'

Right now they are filming eps 6,8 and 11. We will visit 5 alien planets next year but 6 get mentioned - the ood sphere, Messaline, Midnight, Shan Shen, Pyrovillia and the lost moon of poosh. -of those we visit 4 so we still dont know the name of one of them. One redefines the definition of an alien planet apparently.

For the christmas special. It contains another referance to the lion king and astrid saying 'Oh i think Bannakaffalata and I just got engaged'"

It's all good stuff!

The Sontaran Strategem is a cool and awesome episode title!

Latest casting info from DWM...

Lesley Sharp (The Full Monty, Clocking Off, Bob & Rose, Afterlife)

Lindsey Coulson (EastEnders' Carol Jackson, The Street, Out Of Hours)

Georgia Moffat (Peter Davison's daughter)
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 13th Dec 2007 at 1:53 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    is a cool and awesome episode title!

)
    dose sound good..dosen't it t

Pip Madeley Guest

Georgia Moffat (Peter Davison's daughter)
    It had to happen sometime, she's auditioned enough times...

Lesley Sharp (The Full Monty, Clocking Off, Bob & Rose, Afterlife)
    It had to happen sometime, she's RTD's favourite, being in Bob & Rose, The Second Coming etc...

Oh dear.

I don't know much about what's going on atm, but the production crew have spent three days setting up at Newbridge Memo which is literally on my doorstep. We've been told that David Tennant is away atm and won't be there, but that may be just a smokescreen as I know that the team will be three days filming at the Memo, that's today, and two days next week.
    I've been across there, the doors were locked but someone was inside as I could see people and lights were on.
    I'll try and find out more, but everything seems to be hush hush right now.

Looks like Martha really is working for UNIT in Series Four. That's whatshisname from thingy on Page 2, isn't it?

Pip Madeley Guest

Hurrah for UNIT! But where's the Brig? We MUST have the Brig!

I have just had a sneaky look around a Doctor Who set.
    I've been up to Newbridge Memo to find out what's going on, finding it all quiet I was about to pull off when I spotted a security guy, I asked him what was going on, when are they coming back for filming. He told me they'd be back on Monday. I then asked him if I could look around inside, he duly obliged shining a torch as the light wasn't all that good.
    The old cinema is set up as some kind of army surgical unit, there are about eight army beds, and a corner is set up as some kind of operating theatre with an old fashioned operating bed with lights over it and surgical equipment all round it. I also saw pistols, and the floor was littered with bullets, I picked up two and brought them with me.
    I also saw clapperboards with Alice Troughton's name on, so that should tell us what production block this is part of.
    The most intriguing though was in another corner, there's some kind of "cabinet" and some other thing that has a purple light shining from it, I'm intrigued, and very excited by all this.
    I told the security guy I wished I'd brought my camera, but he said he wouldn't allow me to take any pictures. fair enough I thought.
    I'm going back up on Monday afternoon when the film crew return, see what more I can glean from all this. Maybe Tennant and the gang will be there. Either way it'll be worth another look.

Really interesting to read that Steve.

Remember to take your camera next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    Oh dear.
    She's actually a really good actress, ol' Linds. I'm no soap fan but some of her scenes in East Enders when she was having a breakdown or something were powerful stuff.

The other casting news is good, too, if not unexpected.

New Newsround interview with RTD:

CONTAINS SPOILERS!
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/ne...00/7148614.stm
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 18th Dec 2007 at 8:25 PM.

Some more new Who stuff on Blue Peter (looks like Tennant was on the set of the flea market mentioned in the latest OG/DWM??spoilers) and Newsround yesterday.

Good work from Lizo.

Spoilery Snippets from Tennant on Newsround:

Series Four includes...

"Giant Killer Wasps"
    "Living fat tissue"
    "Planet in the far future where everybody is killing each other."
    "I haven't done a single scene with Billie - but when you see the story, that'll all make sense."

Tennant also said he's staying (as reported earlier)

We also heard a bit of the new theme choon and saw the Doctor using a hand crank thingy to repair the TARDIS walls/remove the Titanic from the console room.

Another SFX Spoilery Collinson interview as well (following on from last week's 'Voyage of the Damned' feature):

SERIES FOUR SPOILERS!!
    http://www.sfx.co.uk/page/sfx?entry=...l_collinson_on

Pip Madeley Guest

Two episode titles:

The latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine (#391) confirms some more Series 4 Episode titles.

4.7: The Unicorn and the Wasp
    4.?: Midnight

'Midnight' was the mysterious word hidden in Russell T. Davies' Production notes last month.

I hope that Midnight is an adaptation of Chimes of...

That would undoubtedly be cool and awesome!