Default Roobarb's @ Zeta Minor

I've been enjoying reading some of the threads on this Roobarb's DVD forum for quite some time, mainly archive TV stuff and upcoming DVD releases. It seems though that the forum has had limited guest access and I'm not getting the full picture of what the place is like, and from Sunday they want people to register properly as they appear to be closing the doors to guests only.
    So, my question is this. I know one or two people here have had access to Roobarb's/Zeta Minor in the past, is the place worth a look? It'll never replace PS as my favoured forum, but it's worth having another to get a contrasting view of different forums.

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm at Roobarbs, so is Logo Polish and Perry Vale - it's a good forum for DVD enthusiasts and I would recommend it...

... despite grumpy old man Matt West.

Wayne Guest

I used to post there for a while, But i always stayed well away from the Dr.Who section.
    In my case i was too lazy to make much of an effort to get to know people. It's a bit like when you try a different pub to your local. PS is my 'local', & i can't be bothered with other pubs these days.
    It's not a bad forum though. It always seemed friendly enough to me, although there was one poster (who doesn't post here) who used to get on my nerves.* But then there's always one.

Edited to add: *Pip's just mentioned his name!

Roobarbs is good if you're interested in home entertainment kit. The forthcoming DVDs news is available on the Zeta Minor site and the DVD bargains are copied here pretty quickly.

It's free and easy to join so you might as well sign up - there are more forums than twats and any board which gives four pages of results if you search for Jason King has to be worth a look.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

I've always been rather intimidated by it - it's always seemed to me to be the board for the sort of "Real Ale television history" people, and I don't feel qualified to mix in that kind of company!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayes View Post
    I've always been rather intimidated by it - it's always seemed to me to be the board for the sort of "Real Ale television history" people, and I don't feel qualified to mix in that kind of company!
    That's The Mausoleum Club, Roobarbs is far more relaxed and irreverent.

If it's any help Stephen, they are currently discussing Chicken Satay Pot Noodles.

Make way for a naval officer!

Pip Madeley Guest

and the DVD bargains are copied here pretty quickly.
    True, although I use a number of websites/forums (including Roobarbs) to check out the latest bargain news, and only post the deals here for those who haven't got the time to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
    That's The Mausoleum Club, Roobarbs is far more relaxed and irreverent.
    Interesting. I'm a regular poster over the MC!

Roobarbs is great. I've learnt there of many an obscure DVD release.

And the Green Dog can be a hoot at times. Though, be careful if you think posters there look like soap actors...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Hayes View Post
    Interesting. I'm a regular poster over the MC!
    Me too, but it's remarkably dry.

Make way for a naval officer!