Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

I'm glad to see his Jedi mind tricks didn't work. I don't think he had the Midichlorians to do it.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

What an attention-seeking tosser.

Jones, who has made an official complaint to Tesco, is considering a boycott of the store and is seeking legal advice.
    Yoda says - 'If milk you need, then go you must.'

Seriously though, who would want to be a Jedi - when you could be a Sith Lord instead?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    When you could be a Sith Lord instead?
    Difficult to have a religion when there can only be two of you at a time, I've always thought
    Bazinga !

He has a point though. Islamic women aren't asked to remove Burka's in Tesco on religious grounds, so why should he be different?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    He has a point though. Islamic women aren't asked to remove Burka's in Tesco on religious grounds, so why should he be different?
    I agree, No Religion or All Religions, you can't pick and choose which religious beliefs to respect! I think all religion is barking mad, but I respect freedom of speech and freedom of expression, which is why I can say it!

Also, according the to last Census, I am a Sith!
    One Day, I shall come back, Yes, I shall come back,
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,
    and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine!

If it was a genuine requirement of the religion to cover your head (as in Islam) he'd have a point. But as, as some have pointed out, Jedi frequently appear in the films in public without headwear, he's surely making it up just to make a point.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    If it was a genuine requirement of the religion to cover your head (as in Islam) he'd have a point. But as, as some have pointed out, Jedi frequently appear in the films in public without headwear, he's surely making it up just to make a point.

Si.
    All religions are open to interpretation, hence the differences between Anglican, Catholic, Jewish and Muslim, all of whom claim to worship the same God, but with their own individual spin on it! I agree that while Jedism is based on a modern work of fiction, and therefore not considered a regualar religion (just like scientology), surely the followers of the Jedi teachings can interpret them in any way they desire. I just think that Tesco are allowing media pressure to dictate their rules. What if he had been wearing a hat or a bandana? Would he have to take that off?
    Until them, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties, Just go forward in all your beliefs,

Maybe the issue we're not wanting to confront is what fool let them have "Jedi" as a religion. Freedom of choice and all that, but it's the old Common Sense issue again isn't it!! People have the right to choose their religion? Check. No-one can claim to have invented or legitimised catholcism or Christianity any more than a proposed "new" religion, check? Therefore I can make my own religion up, choose the rules, and you have to let me do whatever I like because it's my "religious right".

AGAIN you can't apply logic, you have to add that magical Common Sense ingrediant. Somebody needed to have come along and said "Don't be such a tit, it's a film, it was created by a bloke in America, therefore you do not have the right to stalk round the shops dressed like Obi Wan Kinobi".

Can't we elect a Common Sense Minister For Britain who just spends all day going round ordering people not to be so silly?

Si.

I agree Si. There must surely be some kind of definition for what constitutes a religion - nobody in the world is suggesting that Star Wars is anything other than fiction, so how can there be a 'real' religion based around it?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I agree Si. There must surely be some kind of definition for what constitutes a religion - nobody in the world is suggesting that Star Wars is anything other than fiction, so how can there be a 'real' religion based around it?
    Isn't Scientology based around the mad rantings of a sci-fi writer? Please understand I'm not defending it ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/2925...-granny-online

Internet auction site eBay stopped a 10-year-old girl's attempt to auction off her 'moaning' granny online.

Zoe Pemberton from southern England put her 61-year-old grandmother up for sale on the auction website with no reserve price, describing her as "rare and annoying and moaning a lot."

But she also said pensioner Marian Goodall was "very cuddly," loved word searches and enjoyed drinking tea.

More than 20 bids were received for Goodall, but she has since been withdrawn from the site, eBay said.

"While no doubt Mrs. Goodall would have fetched a princely sum, eBay does not allow the listing of any human being on the site," an eBay spokeswoman said in an emailed statement.

"Mind you, we were impressed to see a total of 27 bids for the lady in question!"

At least one of the bids was from a Mr. T. Baker, who asked if the old woman had a heaving bosom, and who planned to add her to his fan club listing if she did.

Arrrrgh! These be probably the worst p'rates in the world they be.

Takin' to the sea is a couple o' skiff and armed to the teeth with rifles they tried to sieze a commercial ship, to ransom for a whole lot of jolly swag.

Only the ship turned out to be a French frigate didn't it?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/world/africa/...on-French-navy

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrowNZ View Post

Only the ship turned out to be a French frigate didn't it?
    TBF, on that basis they still had a 50:50 chance of winning though
    Bazinga !

You think you have a contender for stupidest people on the planet. Then a couple of lads decide to pick a fight with a transvestite ... who turns out to be a cage fighter.

http://entertainment.stv.tv/showbiz/...ter-confusion/

Two men attacked two transvestites who turned out to be cage fighters.

British men Dean Gardener, 19, and Jason Fender, 22, didn't know what they were in for when they singled out the two men walking along while wearing wigs, short skirts and high heels.

CCTV footage shows Gardener confronting one of the men - who was wearing a pink wig - before swimming a punch.

However, the men in drag were actually super-strong fighters on a fancy dress night out.

The other cage fighter - who was wearing a sparkly black dress - raced to his friends defence and punched the men twice.

The dress-wearing fighters then tottered away after picking up a handbag they dropped in the scuffle.

Both Gardener and Fender, from Bonymaen, Swansea, pleaded guilty to using abusive words and behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    TBF, on that basis they still had a 50:50 chance of winning though
    You have a point. Don't they usually surrender without a fight? Unless the boat is manned by hippies, when they blow it up ...

Although the guy who died wasn't a hippie.

Parents have threatened to take their children out of a primary school on Merseyside if wi-fi is installed.

Some have said they fear radiation could leave the pupils at Woodlands primary in Formby with a range of conditions, including brain problems.

The school's head sent parents a letter explaining wi-fi, which allows wireless internet access, would be installed during next week's half-term break.
    "Brain problems"? This is clearly scientific stuff. And who is leading their fight on behalf of scientific fact?

Phil Hughes, a homeopathist whose nine-year-old daughter attends Woodlands primary, said he was already looking into moving his child to another school.

"I have carried out a lot of research into the effects and engineers who have installed wi-fi in the past have recorded suffering from headaches and other ailments.
    Oh well - if a homeopath says he's convinced, who are we to argue? He wouldn't be a homeopath if he didn't know what he was talking about.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Well you would say that, you've probably been exposed to Wi-fi and it's given you brain problems. Hell, I've got brain problems of my own.

Actually, isn't 'Brain Problems' a popular game for the Nintendo DS?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

A homeopath. Sounds like a gay axe murderer.

Si.

Hang on though. Surely 'wireless communication' is everywhere anyway. Do these parents not let their kids on a train, or in a street? Because there must be wireless transmissons zipping about all over the place.

Si.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I think we're in danger of confusing a homoeopath and a homeopathist here- one's someone who makes a living by essentially persuading people that they're going to get better by thinking that they're going to get better, and the other is the creation of a journalist with a poor command of the language.

The point, I think, is that it's Formby- essentially one of the outermost suburbs of Liverpool and otherwise best known as one of the natterjack toad's last remaining outposts. In other words, faddy liberal parents who probably put dried bananas and edamame in their children's lunchboxes and are especially vulnerable to the latest scare.

And I can't help thinking it's a bit early in the morning for Si to be thinking about gay men with big choppers.

It's never too early for that.

Si.