Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

I should hope it's available as a download, since none of the shops will be open on Christmas Day - something else he's not thought through otherwise.

Huge Mechanical Spider To Attack Liverpool:
    http://entertainment.timesonline.co....cle4666717.ece

Sadly the story behind it is far less exciting than the headline.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Here's a fun shop for everyone...

Hallucinogenic chocolates doom Berlin sweet shop Fri Sep 12, 9:49 AM ET

BERLIN (Reuters) - Police closed down a Berlin sweet shop after discovering the owner was selling chocolates and lollipops laced with hallucinogenic mushrooms and marijuana.

The 23-year old owner of the shop in the trendy east Berlin district of Prenzlauer Berg, an area known for its vibrant night life, was taken into custody on suspicion of drug-dealing.

"In the shop we found 120 pieces of magic mushroom chocolate and countless cannabis lollipops," said police, who confiscated around 70 sachets containing various drugs, about 20 marijuana joints, a range of pills and some jars of drug-laced honey.

Police said one customer, who appeared intoxicated, was arrested after trying to buy a bag of hallucinogenic mushrooms from an officer in the shop.

Pet bunny's ears prompt 999 call

A woman dialled 999 because a rabbit she bought via a newspaper advert did not have floppy ears, Central Scotland Police have said.

The force is urging the public not to dial 999 unless they are faced with a genuine emergency.

The reminder comes after operators, who receive 34,000 999 calls a year, said the number was being dialled for "wholly inappropriate reasons".

One call was from a woman splashed by a car which drove through a puddle.

The force said staff were verbally abused after challenging her for using the emergency line for her complaint.

Another man dialled 999 to ask call centre staff for the postcode to Grangemouth police station.

Any excuse for a bunny pic really.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

A woman in Ohio has been sent to jail wearing a cow costume.

Theme park employee Michelle Allen was arrested after she turned up to work drunk, began chasing children around and urged passers by to "suck my udders".
    Moosic to the ears of anyone who likes amoosing moos stories.

Si.

I cown't think of anyone moo would like this kind of amoosing moos story.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Jackson 'taking time' over new album
    Hold the front page, it's a scoop!

Si.

From the Orange website

UFO could cost bookies £1m
    Bookies are facing a million pound plus payout if a psychic's prediction that massive UFO will appear in our skies proves to be true.

Australian 'channeler' Blossom Goodchild says a huge intergalactic spaceship from the alien Federation Of Light will appear on Tuesday, 14 October.

Bookies William Hill have taken a £1,000 bet from Lawrence Trout, of Wiltshire, which will win him £1million if Ms Goodchild is correct.

And they have also taken bets from Ms Goodchild's UK relatives. Her Surrey based niece Rebecca Simpson bet £100 and her step daughter Kelly Mosedale wagered £50.

The wording of the bet is that either George Bush or Gordon Brown will confirm the existence of intelligent alien life within the next year. Hills have cut the price from 1000/1 to 100/1.

"We are slightly nervous but hopeful that Blossom is proved incorrect. We will be keeping our eyes on the skies over the next twenty four hours," said William Hill spokesman Rupert Adams.

"We have always been apprehensive of space based bets ever since we paid out the equivalent of millions when Neil Armstrong landed on the Moon in 1969."

UFO websites are buzzing with predictions that the vessel from the alien Federation Of Light will be visible in our skies for three days.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    either George Bush or Gordon Brown will confirm the existence of intelligent alien life within the next year.
    Well, when you can't find something within your own ranks, you have to cast a wider net...

But will Gordie be in a position to make the announcement this time next year? eh? Wubbleya won't be!

Pip Madeley Guest

He wished it could be Christmas every day - so he made it so:

A man who has celebrated Christmas every day for the past 14 years has admitted that the credit crunch is having an affect on his celebrations. Andy Park, 44, has enjoyed a daily roast dinner washed down with champagne since his devotion to the festivities began in July 1994.

The electrician, who is known as Mr Christmas, told The Telegraph that he has since devoured 117,600 sprouts, 5,110 bottles of Moet, and sent himself more than 230,000 Christmas cards. However, he is being forced to reduce his spending to ensure that his festivities can continue.

"The credit crunch is getting to me big time and I may even have to cut out the champagne and start singing for my Christmas dinner. The lunch with all the trimmings and alcohol is costing in excess of ?150 a week, but I'm fighting hard not to let the financial crisis ruin the celebrations," he said.

"I'm not being tight but a few of the little extras are having to go. I'm only having one Christmas tree this year instead of two, and I'm cutting back on the Christmas lights because of energy bills."

Park, who is divorced, explained that he had been feeling glum one day so went home and put his decorations up. "Suddenly I was happy. I thought, this is fun. So I did it again the next day, and the day after that," he said, adding: "People do think I'm crackers, but I enjoy treating myself and I'm the only one in the world who does it. Others have tried to copy me, but they can't last."

WhiteCrow Guest

Bah - I'll show him, I'm going to take up Lent every day for the rest of my life ...

I'm going to take up acting as if it's my birthday everyday...I'll need help though, so come on people, start buying those presents!
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Would it be OK with everyone if I treated everyday as if I was on Holiday?

Everyone but your wife I suspect!

Oh and Happy Birthday Alex

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCrow View Post
    Bah - I'll show him, I'm going to take up Lent every day for the rest of my life ...
    And what happens when Lent comes round? Will you give up Lent for Lent?

If he drinks a bottle of champagne every night I'll make sure I don't invite him to re-wire my house...

Quick! Complain! It's a naked man!

ITV has apologised to viewers after a Histon footballer was shown naked during FA cup coverage yesterday.

Cameras were allowed inside the football team's dressing room following their victory over Leeds United in the second round.

During the third round draw a camera shot of the changing room revealed one man nude, reports The Sun.

"I couldn't believe it," said one viewer. "When Histon's name was pulled out of the hat they went live to see the players' reaction to the third round draw.

"One was stood there with absolutely nothing on - it was hilarious. Not at all what you expect to see on telly on a Sunday afternoon."

Barrowman showing it off again...?

Lily Allen: 'Katy Perry is crass'
    Pot, kettle....

Black Eyed Peas on new album:

"It's a diary ... of music that at any given time, depending on the inspiration, you can add to it," will.i.am told Billboard.

"When it comes out, there'll be 12 songs on it, but the next day there could be 100 songs, 50 sketches, 1,000 blogs all (online) around 'The End,' so the energy really, truly never dies.
    Shut up and write some hits.

Si.

9 year old writes book on how to talk to girls

He's only 9, but this pint-sized pickup artist already knows plenty about pleasing the ladies.

So much, in fact, that Alec Greven's dating primer, "How to Talk to Girls" - which began as a handwritten, $3 pamphlet sold at his school book fair - hit the shelves nationwide last week.

The fourth-grader from Castle Rock, Colo., advises Lothario wannabes to stop showing off, go easy on the compliments to avoid looking desperate - and be wary of "pretty girls."

"It is easy to spot pretty girls because they have big earrings, fancy dresses and all the jewelry," he writes in Chapter Three.

"Pretty girls are like cars that need a lot of oil."

He advises, "The best choice for most boys is a regular girl. Remember, some pretty girls are coldhearted when it comes to boys. Don't let them get to you."

Over a few Shirley Temples yesterday at Langan's on West 47 Street, Alec said that he culled his wisdom by peeking at his peers at play.

"I saw a lot of boys that had trouble talking to girls," Alec said.

As for his how-to, he concedes, "I never expected people to buy it like a regular book in a bookstore."

But with classic plain-spoken advice - like "comb your hair and don't wear sweats" - it's no surprise his 46-page book was a hit with boys and girls of all ages.

He believes the best way to approach a girl is to keep it to a simple "hi."

"If I say hi and you say hi back, we're probably off to a good start," he said.

As for his own love life, he said he is not dating anyone at the moment. "I'm a little too young," he confessed.

In his book, published by HarperCollins, he suggests holding off on falling in love until at least middle school.

Dating - which he defines as going out to dinner without your parents - is for "kind of old" people, who are 15 or 16.

Officials at the Soaring Hawk Elementary School said he wrote the book - which was the runaway bestseller at its book fair - for kids, but believe anyone can find inspiration in it.

Alec's mother, Erin Greven, credits her son's beyond-his-years insight to his avid reading.

"He reads nonstop. At dinner, I say, 'Put your book down,' " she said.

Alec - who just finished a children's book on the Watergate scandal - said he wants to be a full-time writer when he grows up, with a weekend job in archaeology or paleontology.

I can't believe he's taken all my tips & is now making money off them!

Are you sure you're not pretending to be a nine-year-old just to get a few extra sales? We won't tell that you're only six-and-a-half...

WhiteCrow Guest

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10547438

With the recession and global financial crisis summer jobs can be hard to come by, but gainful unemployment can still be had - product testing a new sex toy.

No payment was involved but successful applicants for the 100 "sexexcutive" jobs would receive a free vibrating sex toy, worth about $25, to trial.

It was the dream job in a country where people were "quite willing to discuss their sexual antics", Durex New Zealand country manager David Rae said.

The company has run similar campaigns with condom testing.

Product testing helps generate product development and generates interest, Mr Rae told NZPA.

Applicants, who must be at least 16, could apply online until January 21.

WhiteCrow Guest

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/7772902.stm

A young Chinese woman was left partially deaf following a passionate kiss from her boyfriend.

The 20-something from Zhuhai in Guangdong province arrived at hospital having completely lost the hearing in her left ear, said local reports.

The incident prompted a series of articles in the local media warning of the dangers of excessive kissing.

"While kissing is normally very safe, doctors advise people to proceed with caution," wrote the China Daily.

The doctor who treated the girl in hospital was quoted in the paper explaining what had happened.

"The kiss reduced the pressure in the mouth, pulled the eardrum out and caused the breakdown of the ear."

The chorus of warnings was echoed by the Shanghai Daily, which wrote: "A strong kiss may cause an imbalance in the air pressure between two inner ears and lead to a broken ear drum."

The young woman is expected to regain her full hearing within about two months.