Page 11 of 41 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Librarians are very frugal beings who umm and ahh about potential purchases for months on end, trust me!

How on earth did you manage without a scroll wheel!

I can't believe I let myself be driven mad by my old ball mouse clogging up all the time - I didn't know about optical mice and how cheap they were!

What does the MSN messenger button do?

Pip Madeley Guest

How on earth did you manage without a scroll wheel!
    I dunno! They have them at work...

I can't believe I let myself be driven mad by my old ball mouse clogging up all the time - I didn't know about optical mice and how cheap they were!
    I always rather enjoyed cleaning the inside of my mouse, for some reason. Still, as you say, the castrated versions are so cheap!

What does the MSN messenger button do?
    Opens up MSN! There's also 'Favourites' buttons at the top of the keyboard - you can assign each one a task (opening a program or file etc)... very useful!

Wayne Guest

I used an Optical Mouse for a while now, & they're much finer/smoother, i reckon. Although i never use the scroll wheel. It seems slower to me than the 'old' way.
    Last edited by Wayne; 17th Jan 2007 at 12:03 AM.

I used to get REALLY angry with my old mouse because it used to start seizing up like 30 minutes after I'd cleaned it. I used to BANG it in frustration - that didn't help either.

Pip Madeley Guest

Nothing more annoying than a PC mouse that you can't control properly.
    We get them at work on a day to day basis, it cheeses me off.

I might pop out and buy the Daily Star...

just for that pic on the cover.

got a jar of coffee to take to work ...

Wayne Guest

Vol 2 of Ian Kershaw's biography of Hitler, & a couple of cheap DVD's around the 5 mark from Amazon/Play: Dracula 2001, & The Battle Of The V.1.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Today being payday I went a little bit mad, so in no particular order:

A load of Caramac flavour Kitkats and two Toblerones from the market
    P G Wodehouse's 'Thank You Jeeves' and a calendar
    Three CDs; one is Vaughan Williams's London Symphony and you'll find out about the others soon enough
    A load of envelopes in Poundland
    A beanburger meal in Burger King

Pip Madeley Guest

A 4 Tube ticket - unbelievable!

I travelled first class on the Manchester > London train yesterday - it was fantastic! I sat in the first class lounge, got free drinks, then went on the train and got free sandwiches (cause I was travelling at teatime) and more free drinks! I had about four whisky and cokes, three cups of tea & some complimentary biscuits. I stashed some drinks and stuff in my bag before leaving.

I need to travel 1st class every time.

As you come to London often now, perhaps you ought to get a pay as you go Oyster card, Pip. That 4 fare would then cost 1.50 I believe. Check out the Transport for London website (TFL) for details.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I think that if Pip can wangle that much free food and drink out of Richard Branson, he can afford a 4 tube fare.

Pip Madeley Guest

I think that's a great idea Jonno, I was appalled at that 4 fare, just to travel three stops. Definitely will get one in the week - otherwise my trip to Sawbridgeworth and back might be much dearer!

We went to town and I poichased car tax for a year (boring!) and a cheap as chips reduced guide to British TV comedy from Wuh Huh Smiths.
    Last edited by Simon R; 20th Jan 2007 at 7:14 PM.

Pip Madeley Guest

The missus and I have been on a shopping trip to Wood Green and Bruce Purchased some nice clothes from New Look and Matalan. We also bought a Dalekmania calendar for Christian (1.99 at Smiths) and the new Radio Times with Stone Rose Part 2 CD for meself. We also got McDonalds for lunch, and some bits from Tesco on the way home.

Being a gent I paid for it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    The missus and I have been on a shopping trip to Wood Green and Bruce Purchased some nice clothes from New Look and Matalan. We also bought a Dalekmania calendar for Christian (1.99 at Smiths) and the new Radio Times with Stone Rose Part 2 CD for meself. We also got McDonalds for lunch, and some bits from Tesco on the way home.

Being a gent I paid for it all.
    is that Wood Green in North London..?

Pip Madeley Guest

Is there any other?

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    Is there any other?

not that i'm aware of it's just that I lived for the first 16 years of my life just a couple of miles from Wood Green in Crouch End..

Pip Madeley Guest

Some presents for Trudi and Christian - I bought him the new Dr Who Adventures and an Inspector Gadget video, while she got One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest on DVD.

And I've ordered myself:

Alan Partridge: Every Ruddy Word: All the Scripts: from Radio to TV and Back

Only 8.53 at CD-WOW including delivery - but I had a 7.99 Pigsback voucher that I hadn't used yet, so using that it only really cost me only 54p.

My heart leapt when I saw Alan and his Immortal Shorts, but I hate script books so bah sucks to that.

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

I want it for easy reference when we have our Alan Partridge quote-a-thons.

By the way, seeing as we never got the Alanathon going, I propose you, Paul and I watch an episode of Partridge on Sunday morning - we can each have a Savoury 99 for breakfast with it.

Agreed!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Ryvita, Extra light cheese spread, Celery, Shape yoghurts, A Tesco 'healthy eating' ready meal (Chicken Pasta Bake), 2 Slim fast 'meal replacement' chocolate flavour milk shakes, & a Weightwatchers malted granary sliced loaf.

All i need now is a Sinitta fitness video.
    Last edited by Wayne; 25th Jan 2007 at 9:13 PM.

Pip Madeley Guest

That's one way to make yourself sweat, I guess.