Thread: Goldfrapp

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wayne Guest

I only dance to 50's Rock 'n' Roll.

Wonderful album by the way.

Yes I really like it too. Its a bit Saint Etienney I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    Yes I really like it too. Its a bit Saint Etienney I think.
    I don't really agree, but I can hear why you'd think that. Alison Goldfrapp's vocals are too distinctive to sound like anyone else and the new arrangements are more rooted in the likes of Kate Bush, folk and even "The Wicker man". Saint Etienne were more '60s pop/Sandie Shaw informed. "Sound of water" is probably the nearest album to "Seventh tree" I can think of.
    There's a bit in "A&E" that sounds like Sarah Cracknell, I'll give you that...doesn't last for long though!

What I meant by Saint Etienne-y wasn't that it particularly sounds like them it just reminds me of them for some reason especially the Tiger Bay album. Its a sort of vibe-y feeling-y thing rather than anything tangible. Of course Goldfrapp are unique and don't sound like anything else but its just giving me that same warm glow that the Etienne did.

The new album has the Hart- McCow seal of approval. It's really very good and has been part of the soundtrack of our holiday.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Pip Madeley Guest

I enjoyed the 4music Presents Goldfrapp programme t'other night, though it was a shame that the music wasn't live. Least Alison didn't mime.

I've also downloaded the instrumental of "Clowns" from iTunes, beautiful music!

Wayne Guest

Me & some mates watched the Live at Shepherds Bush Empire concert from the 'Wonderful Electric' 2 DVD set last night.
    One of my mates had never really seen Goldfrapp properly, & naturally enough it was love at first sight for him with Alison.

That owl-woman behind the CD on the sleeve is very badly drawn. The tits are all wrong.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

And what would you know of owl women's tits?

Their human animal hybird thing they have is a bit creepy I think.

Wayne Guest

Goldfrapp at the electric proms on BBC4 in 15mins.

Pip Madeley Guest

I should be working on Ratanapura but balls to it, I'm in.

It was good, wasn't it? I watched it on the red button yesterday morning.

Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

It's got me in the mood for their gig a week on Sunday, the music was as gorgeous as Alison Couple of extra tracks on iPlayer...

Captain Tancredi Guest

Ooh, what can I say- there must have been about a dozen moments last night when I found myself utterly captivated and didn't at all mind having to get the last bus home on a work night. I can't actually remember the last time anything had quite the same effect on me and I know that if I write it up, I'll go on for ages.

Steve will however be pleased to know that the owl woman is available as a tea towel.

Sounds like you had a fantastic night Ian. I have to say that they're on my list of nands I'd really like to see now. Seventh Tree is probably my favourite album of the year.

Si xx

Pip Madeley Guest

I've uploaded two videos to my Facebook, Caravan Girl and Strict Machine - they were excellent, Alison was on fine form

Captain Tancredi Guest

Apart from anything else, I think it's come at the right time for me because I've felt the need of a bit of a new interest for a few weeks now. It may reach the stage where I turn up on the Antiques Roadshow in twenty years' time with my Goldfrapp memorabilia, but for now I've put in a shipping order to catch up on the albums I don't have and the DVD.

The only mildly annoying thing is that the one tune from Monday that's still burrowing around inside my head is 'Sumer is icumen in' from the end of the Wicker Man...

Pip Madeley Guest

I've got some Goldfrapp memorabilia - promo CD singles of A&E, Caravan Girl & Happiness

Mobile phone pic from Sunday:

Has anyone heard the new single yet? All I know is that it's called 'Rocket'.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I have. It sounds like Starship! 80's Soft Rock is obviously they're new theme. Not sure if the new single grabbed me on first listen though.
    Superb Cover though

Pip Madeley Guest

The new album came out today, Head First - anyone heard it yet? I wasn't sure at first, there doesn't seem to be many singles on there, I don't know if they will have much chart success this time round, but it works quite well as an album. But it's a shame that they've pretty much left the Seventh Tree sound behind, as it really worked for me.

Still to get a hold on this, but the competition looks fun!

http://www.goldfrappheadfirst.com/in.../how-to-enter/

Print out a copy of the album cover and take a funny photo.