Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sonia isn't the UK's premier chanteuse.

Pip Madeley Guest

She's not even Scunthorpe's premier chanteuse.

"My god, the girls are all half-naked, yet somehow better dressed! What gives!?"

WhiteCrow Guest

How many different types of Star Trek TV series did they make? And I'm sure the Trek movie coming out is the same one I joined an angry fan protest about!

"What, they found 'Tomb Of The Cybermen'!?!? Wow, I can't wait to see THAT!!!"

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Tudor View Post
    "What, they found 'Tomb Of The Cybermen'!?!? Wow, I can't wait to see THAT!!!"
    I was thinking on similar lines.

Pip Madeley Guest

"Nearly fourteen million people watching a Doctor Who Christmas Special? Listen, I know I've missed a lot, but there's no need to take the piss."

So you're telling me that you can fit a whole Doctor Who story onto a thing that looks like a CD? This really is the future!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

WhiteCrow Guest

I turned on my TV today, and instead of drama or comedy, I had some wierd kind of security camera footage.

There seems to be this prison of men and women, whose crimes are unnamed. And they are under surveilance 24 hours a day, and can be called in at any time to talk to their prison governor, who is faceless talking to them over a tannoy.

At the end of the week like Jesus and Barabas, you are allowed to select one for early release.

What kind of messed up prison system operates in the 21st Century? I imagined it'd all be exploding neck tags to keep track of prisoners at least.

Captain Tancredi Guest

I went to the supermarket today to get some things for a spring clean. When I went to the aisle marked "Polish", it was just full of pickles, jam and tomato soup with noodles.

Why do you need to press three numbers to change channel?

And why are all the tellies a funny shape?

Why is Diana in the newspapers every day when you never see her about any more?

The most successful member of the Mary Whitehouse Experience was David Baddiel???
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

What, they're still making 'Last Of The Summer Wine'!? Haven't they all died yet? Oh, they have...?

"How's the Queen Mum? I bet she's still going strong, aye? Aye? Live forever that one... oh."
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

They privatised British Rail - and it got WORSE?!?!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

What do you mean a bunch of sharks tried to sell us our water!?

So many television channels! BSB became really big, then?

What?! P-Bal's still a virgin?!

Pip Madeley Guest

Come off it.

WhiteCrow Guest

Why is everyone talking about the Paris Hilton? What's wrong with the other hotels in the chain?

When did I make that cartoon with that plasticine dog then, and why did they spell my name wrong in the title? How long has it been since King Charles' coronation? And Neighbours must have been off the air for some time, as Paul and Harold are still in it.

And what's this Channel 5 doing broadcasting TV programmes? They sell videos!

Arnie! Governor of California!

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    Arnie! Governor of California!
    I think you've nailed the jackpot there!

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Yeah, not a hit in 30 years and they charge a billion pounds a ticket!

Si.
    What?! Taking that literally, what about at least 9 singles making the top 20 in that time? I think the last was in 2005.
    What about "Miss you", "Emotional rescue", "Start me up", "Undercover of the night", "Harlem shuffle", "Love is strong", "You got me rocking" and that re-mix of "Sympathy for the devil" for a start!!?? They've had a least one no.1 album in that time as well- maybe they're just not reaching the masses anymore?

If I woke up now after a 20 year sleep I think I'd notice just how much less freedom we have, despite an image to the contrary being there on the surface of society. It's a good guess I'd see what perhaps isn't as obvious in our everyday lives, but it is only a guess. I do think there's much more control over society in a quiet, subliminal kind of way. It's not quite "Nineteen eighty-four", but the fabric of society does seem far more based on control for whatever reasons.
    That's a fairly serious answer I know, but I think that's the overall thing I'd probably notice after being out of it for so long.

I'm never quite sure what people mean when they say we have less freedom than we did a few years ago.

#dammitbrent