Hybrid View

Default The OMG! Shocking News!! Thread

The thread where you can post all your OMG!! SHOCKING NEWS!! stories. First up...

Popped into the local corner shop last night (Craigie Stores) and noticed that Space Raiders are now 15p a bag!!

WTF!! FFS!! When did that happen? I thought they'd been 10p since I was at Primary School!?

Next you'll be telling me it's 20p for a Milky Way...

Pip Madeley Guest

Inflation's a bitch.

Are Chewits still 10p?

Si.

This is as good a place as any to mention Donald Gee's introduction to "The Space Pirates" recon.

He told us he was in the Space Pirates and that this was the last but one story for "Patrick Tror-ton". Which - he said - was ironic as five years later he appeared in the Monster of Peladon which was the next to last story of "Jon P'twEE". Even in the age of digital editing mispronouncing two names isn't grounds for a retake.

Well I was shocked.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

KitKats & Toffee Crisp are 20p each in my local CO-OP. Well they are with the £1 for a pack of 5 special offer.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    KitKats & Toffee Crisp are 20p each in my local CO-OP. Well they are with the £1 for a pack of 5 special offer.
    An early candidate for Post Of The Year?

Well it's only taken me 5 1/2 years to get a nomination!

How much are Curly Wurlys now? Are they still 10p?
    Geoff

I remember Curly-Wurlys! One of the boggest marketing ploys ever - let's sell the public fresh air in between stringy bits of chocolate!

This is as good a place as any to mention Donald Gee's introduction to "The Space Pirates" recon.

He told us he was in the Space Pirates and that this was the last but one story for "Patrick Tror-ton". Which - he said - was ironic as five years later he appeared in the Monster of Peladon which was the next to last story of "Jon P'twEE". Even in the age of digital editing mispronouncing two names isn't grounds for a retake.

Well I was shocked.
    We should be grateful he didn't play the Keeper of Traken alongside Tom Bakewell.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Tom Bakewell.
    Wasn't he the one before Peter Dawson took over the role?

Pip Madeley Guest

He would've been great as Fenric.

I discovered some shocking stuff when I opened my Smarties Easter Egg yesterday...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4276553.stm

It only happened about three ******* years ago! How did I manage to miss this?

Pip Madeley Guest

Bloody hell James, get with the times

Captain Tancredi Guest

Although they may come out with all sorts of reasons why it keeps the brand fresh and so on, another equally compelling reason is that you can probably fit more hexagonal boxes than circular tubes into a standard size cardboard box for distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Tancredi View Post
    Although they may come out with all sorts...
    No, it's Bassetts that do 'All Sorts'.

another equally compelling reason is that you can probably fit more hexagonal boxes than circular tubes into a standard size cardboard box for distribution
    It probably also has something to do with the fact that a complete cardboard tube is cheaper than a plastic topped tube.

Have you any idea how many small children died each year swallowing those plastic tops?

Yes, well, be that as it may, it might've happened any year now so obviously they had to go.

I've been giving Banana Smarties every week for the past year and I hadn't noticed they'd changed. She obviously twigged there was something going on as she started sucking them and putting them back in the tube so they all stick together and won't come out. She'll be chaining herself to railings by the time she's five.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.