Did anyone else notice the continuity announcer making a cheeky comment about Paul Robinson's "wizard's sleeve" yesterday? Well before the watershed too. Disgusting.

I obviously missed that one but then I usually wind through till nearly the end of the titles these days. I'm counting the days till we get the new title sequence for 2012 that debuted in Australia recently.
    Speaking of things to come apparently Karl's reformed band The Right Prescription are making their debut in tonight's Oz episode. Definitely not counting down the four weeks until that graces our screens...

Apprently Kate soon makes a fresh bid to split up Kyal and Jade.

Yaaaaaay.

Si.

She will then recreate for herself the fate of Derek Jacobi's character in the film Dead Again... we can only hope!

Oh, Michael's put the house up for sale now without telling Tash she's going to need somewhere else to live pretty damn sharpish. What a selfish wanker that man is. Glad he's gone!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

We guessed something like that would transpire! Now who will buy that then?

I can't stand Preir. What an aloof bitch. Who is she to tell Sophie she wrote her apology letter five minutes ago? I'd have stuck it up her Geoffrey Beevers.

Si.

Hurrah for the big orange Wentworth building behind the dog pound place last night!

Si.

Will there ever come a time when something in Erinsborough doesn't look like the grounds of the Grundy studio with it's cheap fence and road running alongside it.

Heaven forbid!

My heart broke when Sonia's puppy turned out to have been sold to Kyal. It had been her lifelong dream for all of 30 seconds.

Also just where is this weird storyline going, with puppies and wombats? Is it all going to end in surrogacy?

Si.

I fear Vanessa Paradis will give her baby to them. Or Sonya will get up the duff and do the same. Then it'll be luvvies in a tizx when she wants it back.

Enough with the Lucas on his bike stock footage already unless they're getting ready to kill him off which after his recent behaviour would be a blessed relief!

Looking very chummy I must say. Are they related somehow? I'd love for Kyle to be revealed as a being a member of the Robinson family.

Speaking of Kyle, his luminous boxer shorts looked like they might've been handed down by the wardrobe department having previously been worn by Lance Wilkinson or possibly even Connor, late of the House of Trouser.

If there are Kyle boxer short scenes afoot, we should do our duty and catch up with yesterdays episode pronto!

Si.

Controversial opinion time...

Isn't it about time that Lou was written out for good?

Is this not just because he's being a bit unpleasant/unfair at the moment? I take your point though, although they should be careful to keep some older characters in the show. Isn't it about time we had a new Mrs Mangel type character?

What's Reece's game in picking on Andrew? I'm confused. Was he just being unpleasant for the sake of it?

The Jade/dog storyline was a bit contrived. Would he really make that speech then go down on one knee. What was she supposed to think? On the other hand, if she's now having commitment issues over the dog... FFS, get a grip love.

Si.

They do need more older characters but I think Lou is getting a bit past his sell by date and only really there to be the token old man character as they haven't got Harold any more. That said Karl's almost old enough to be the main older character for as long as he and Susan are still seperated.

Rhys was just being his naturally repulsive self although I was surprised Andrew was such great friends with Jade apropos of them barely knowing each other aside from living in the same street.

And as for the dog, I mean it's not as if Jade has a sister who's been trying for a baby and happens to be a professional dog trainer.

Where would Neighbours be without contrived plotlines?

We've been saying for years that they need to bring back Lauren to give Lou a new focus. She could get tangled up with Lucas McGregor.

Lou is only ever in the show for a month or so before being written out for a number of weeks. Does the actor who plays him have health issues that prevents him being in the show full time?

I'm a bit fed up with Lou to be honest and I agree it's time he went.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I think it's an agreement that he works part time. Tom Oliver is retirement age and probably doesn't want to be working every week of the year at his time of life.

Si.

I can understand that and I would feel the same way.

I still don't like Lou at the moment though.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

The excuses they've used to explain his absence have been getting more ludicrous in recent times. I mean I liked the idea of him going off to East Timor to do charity work although this was forgotten about within 2 scenes of him having reappeared so clearly it didn't have much of an effect on his character supposedly seeing the plight of those less well off than himself.
    And most recently he went off on a round the world cruise which couldn't afford (albeit based on a promise of money that he never received) although I guess the whole business of him embezzling funds from Dial-a-Kyle is slightly more true to his character's past form.

It must be a very boring Friday afternoon for me to be writing a mini-essay about Lou Carpenter.

He neve mentions when he was Mayor or when he ran the pub. Or his son Guy.

Ok, another question to debate: should they scrap Charlie's and re-introduce a more traditional style pub venue?

In other words should they bring back The Waterhole as it was originally designed by Jack Lassiter? (thank you google I didn't even know this ancient character actually existed!)