The arrival of Troy is certaibnly upping the tension on Rmasay Street, though that might be just down to the constant tension music they're smothering the scenes with!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Tash was annoying in Charlies. She only had one customer, Paul Robinson, and she still managed to bring him the wrong coffee then stomped around wondering where all her customers had gone.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    The arrival of Troy is certaibnly upping the tension on Rmasay Street, though that might be just down to the constant tension music they're smothering the scenes with!
    I've found the trumpety theme to be quite subtle compared to some of the great incidental tracks from Mushroom records they used to have back in the 80s and 90s.

I'm not sure whether to be disappointed or relieved that Troy has shown his true colours so quickly when confronted by Jade. It would be more edgy if they'd kept us guessing a bit longer with the whole reformed character act.

No spoilers for those on holiday but it's all kicking off! Even my Dad thought last night's episode was good!!

Good reaction from Kyle I thought. That'll teach her!

Indeed, in your face Sheila!

The comedy scenes were pretty priceless too especially Paul's reaction to "Lord Harold Bishop"!

I've got a great idea. Why doesn't everyone just blank Troy? They could organise it accross the whole street, via a newsletter put through each letter box (except Troys). Just totally ignore him. If he lumbers down the road going "I just want to be a Dad to Callum" they should just peer right through him or, for extra irritation points, mutter "Did a mouse squeak?". After a week of the whole street ignoring him, he'd soon get bored and go away.

Oh and a Vanessa line the other day - "I'm just trying out some new flavours" - makes me suggest that the script writer for that episode has never cooked anything in his entire life.

Si.

Harrowing though the Dieter Brummer/Toadie/Callum/Sonia/Jade storyline is, there's a few ropey bits of logic in it.

If you live next door to someone, can you suddenly take an injunction out on them and force them to move?? Especially as the only witnesses to the alleged assault were people who wouldn't testify it even happened?

In fact, given Callum hates his Dad, could any court legally force him to go into his care, even for some of the time? I'm pretty sure that if a 15 year old told a court that is Father was abusive, he hates him, and in no wanted to have anything to do with him, there's no way on Earth they'd make him go and spend time with him? So in theory all they have to do is get Callum to tell the Court that he's happy where he is?

Si.

Why does every clever person in Neighbours have to be portrayed as having no social skills, wear glasses and look like a nerd? They've been at this for some years now, and I've had enough. The fact that they have a character (Tash) who is both clever and good looking/sociable is just a rare thing that they have to keep mentioning this miracle. Everyone with any kind of brain naturally must be some kind of backwards, geeky dork.

And as for the scene where the nerd played pool by mathematically working out the angles between the balls and the friction equations... there arn't words!

Si.

The glasses thing really annoys me and has been the case with Neighbours since the very beginning.

Yes, ever since Jane it's been the shorthand. Not good.

Didn't Kristos Pappas wear them to start with too?

He did indeed and then one day a few weeks later he reappeared as a semi-regular character with a new look including a better haircut.

Any more takers on who the rumoured returning character might be? So far the strongest contender I've heard is Steph Scully (fresh from prison and ready to wreck Toadie's life all over again!) and the slightly less likely Connor O'Neill (after all he was killed by Robert Robinson)!

Someone's had a trim...

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    And as for the scene where the nerd played pool by mathematically working out the angles between the balls and the friction equations... there arn't words!
    That Vulcan woman did exactly the same thing in Enterprise once and it annoyed me then too.

Well that's two people. Maybe everyone can do this except us? Maybe that's how you play pool?

Jade is SO going to bottle it at the hearing today.

Si.

Well that's two people. Maybe everyone can do this except us? Maybe that's how you play pool?
    Maybe this is why I always lose?

Seriously how are we expected to start liking Ajay again once Troy's hopefully died!

Again?

HENRY'S BACK!

Woo! Hopefully his sister will be next. She won't be.

It's a gateway to re-introduce Bronny and a whole family of glam teenagers.

What on Earth was that "hearing" about? There was no judge or official person at all! Why was Jade giving "evidence" to the person taking them to court and his solicitor??

It was hyped as a big thing, and she went through all kinds of hell being made to sit in front of her abuser and recount difficult tales of abuse while he snarled at her, and all so his solicitor could point out that the Doctors report didn't identify her attacker (something we thought of ages ago). Couldn't he have just said this beforehand and saved her the trauma? Why couldn't she just have her statement read out at this stage if it wasn't any kind of formal trial? Arghh!!!

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It's a gateway to re-introduce Bronny and a whole family of glam teenagers.

What on Earth was that "hearing" about? There was no judge or official person at all! Why was Jade giving "evidence" to the person taking them to court and his solicitor??

It was hyped as a big thing, and she went through all kinds of hell being made to sit in front of her abuser and recount difficult tales of abuse while he snarled at her, and all so his solicitor could point out that the Doctors report didn't identify her attacker (something we thought of ages ago). Couldn't he have just said this beforehand and saved her the trauma? Why couldn't she just have her statement read out at this stage if it wasn't any kind of formal trial? Arghh!!!

Si.
    It was pre-hearing disclosure meeting. They do have such things in Australia. I don't think that witnesses / plaintiffs / defendants are usually present for such meetings in the UK though.

But yes, as Si has mentioned, a tweet yesterday by Craig McLachlan suggests Henry Ramsay will make a brief return appearance (apparently his overalls still fit!)

That said I will be furious if they give him and Bronwyn an off-screen divorce.

I now know how to win at cards! You factor in the "player expectation" (chortle!) and then (THEN!) add in the law of diminishing returns.

THE LAW OF DIMINISHING RETURNS!

Incredible!

Si.

The "House always wins" bit is true though. I have to say I like Ed and Tash.

I still can't believe that the real reason that they broke up Chris and Aidan was so that the actor playing Aidan could bugger off to do a film for 10 weeks! These are the lives of characters we care about! Couldn't he have just gone to visit a sick relative like Kyle did when he broke his leg - now there's a thought - imagine temporarily replacing Aidan with his even more handsome (and conveniently also gay) cousin to tempt Chris - now that would be edgy!