And no-one, not the groom fighting for his bride to remember her wedding day, nor the police searching for clues to an explosion, two deaths and an attempted robbery, thought to check if the wedding was being filmed...

Simon.

Even the production team didn't think to check that either. So that when the plot point of a wedding video comes up a mere week later, they have to mock one up just using actual footage from the episode, rather than bothering to make a realistic wedding video at the time.

There's a history of that though- like when Madge and Helen sat down to watch Scott and Charlene's wedding the day Helen died, and the weddign video was strangely exactly the same as the as broadcast one!

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I must say I quite like the Turners. The Dad is a bit dull but the rest are good and it's utterly shameless but not unappreciated how often Mason wears a vest or flops his titties out.

Quote Originally Posted by SiHart View Post
    There's a history of that though- like when Madge and Helen sat down to watch Scott and Charlene's wedding the day Helen died, and the weddign video was strangely exactly the same as the as broadcast one!
    True but this time, unless they really do write the scripts the night before filming, they should have known it was actually going to be needed.

It's departure season in Erinsborough. EVERYONE is leaving. Oh to live in a world where one minute you can be doing a Uni course in a suburb of Australia then decide the next week to "go to Europe". Does Tash not need a visa of some description? Are there convenient last minute flights? You can bet she goes tomorrow. It's never in three weeks is it? She got her quite humungous norks out to show Andrew what he'd be missing if he didn't go with her. And why shouldn't he? He's got nothing keeping him in Erinsfield. Apart from a Father, a best friend and two businesses. He could be like Lynne Scully, and run a local business from thousands of miles away seemingly by the power of thought.

And Sophie's off too. Is it me or does time move at a different pace down under? She applied for a Music School, seemingly based on "submitting" four chords she strung together in Charlies, walked down the coffee shop and announced she'd been "fast tracked" to acceptance! They must have snapped her up. And the taxi leaves tomorrow!! Then there's Lauren, seemingly desperate to make a drama out of a crisis. Hubby Steve (I want to say Steve. Don? Pete? Who can say) stopped her youngest son Bailey from going to "Joovy". Does she thank him? No. Because HE LIED. Which means, let's milk this now, that their entire life has been "built on lies". In fact, he's quite literally stolen her kids childhoods away from her, somehow. He's a childhood thief. "I've really tried but I'm not sure I can get over it," she sobbed. Blimey. It was only ten minutes ago love. She should be glad - for a few episodes, it seemed disturbingly as if daughter Amber was in a relationship with a horse.

Meanwhile, Lou has done "the decent thing" and given the stolen money to charity. Which seems like a good deed, and would be the decent thing, were it his money. But hang on, it was stolen loot. Someone owns it, and presumably as his son-in-law was the arresting officer, it wouldn't be too hard to track down who. Shouldn't he, y'know, give it back? Very easy to be charitable with someone else's dosh isn't it?

Si.

SPOILER:

AJ and Rani are leaving soon.

Hurrah!

I'm Team Paul all the way in this tedious legal battle.

If this Lauren's-blonde-daughter and Chris thing doesn't have "fag-hag" written all over it then I'm a monkey's uncle.

That or she'll have a crush on him which will only lead to heartbreak. I thought they were doing that with him and Sophie.

Oh, well that's what I meant anyway. Maybe I don't know what fag-hag means :/

Bit of a continuity overload last night, with mentions of Lynn, Charlie, Ringo, Max and so on. Steph hasn't thought to mention Summer though.

I'm not sure we're going to like Evil Steph. It seems her destiny is to support Lucas through his health care so Vanessa can find out and go all "Why tell her and not me?". Trouble ahead, then.

Si.

I quite like Rhiannon. She should stay.

I'm liking evil Steph. I'm liking the new Turner family even more. It all seems pretty good at the moment.

I'm not keen on Evil Steph. She's horrid. I do like the Turners though, although Ambers Twitter Bullying Storyline was a bit preachy.

Si.

I'm not keen on Vanessa's ultimatum of "give up your favourite hobby forever!" and acting like that's a reasonable request and a fair thing to ask anyone. But then it's clearly just been shoehorned in so there's an extra thing for them to fall out over. Not sure it really fits her character.

Did everyone in the Turner family have to confess to a crime? The entire family are now completely screwed. How has this helped? God alone knows what Mason was doing. "I don't want to go to jail!" He blubbed. Well don't record a messy confession, taking sole responsibility, before even getting legal advice then.

And no, Sonia, you did not HAVE to report what you remembered. Couldn't she have spoken to the family first? She couldn't get down the cop shop fast enough.

Si.

I genuinely thought Rowena Wallace had appeared on screen when a certain someone entered the bar today. Nice to see her though.

We did actually scream. Shows how effective something can be when it isn't casually given away in a "Coming up" trailer.

The continuity-humping exchange "I'm now head of Lassiters Worldwide Operations" "So you've left the Daniels Corporation?" was delicious.

Si.

She's not aged well.

I know the modern way with singers, thanks to X-Factor and the like, is to warble and improvise and riff all over a melody in an attempt to "make the song your own", but in the current version of the theme tune they literally don't sing a single note of the original melody. It's annoying.

We like the "understanding...understanding" bit in the background towards the end.

Nice to see Rebekah Elmaglogolulolulou. What big jugs she has.

Paul's so evil!!

Si.