... and it seems not a moment too soon! Whilst you've all been asleep the forum fairies - well, just me, and I promise I'm not dressed like Tinkerbell - have been busy making a few changes to Planet Skaro's forums. Read on for what's different:

1) Forum Software

Planet Skaro's forum software, vBulletin, has been upgraded to the brand new, stable version 3.7.0. You won't notice too many changes right now, except perhaps the change to your user profile (go see!) and the new Similar Threads feature which appears at the end of the page (useful to spot duplicate threads). There are a few obvious asthetic changes, in particular the TARDISes on the left hand side. Nice eh. A handful of new features came with the new software, and the Mods and Admins shall be reviewing them in due course, so we can decide which could prove beneficial and which are totally superfluous. We'll make an announcement if/when any of them are to be added.

2) Changes to the Doctor Who forums

Your friendly Mods and Admins have had a little think and decided to make a few positive changes to the Doctor Who area of the PS forum, as follows:

• You'll have noticed that first off the title has changed - the rather dull Doctor Who Forums has become The Worlds Of Doctor Who. We hope you like it too.
  • Now onto a big change. we have decided to merge General Doctor Who Discussion and The Original Series into one big super-forum - Adventures In Time In Space. This new forum is now the place to chat about anything to do with Doctor Who and its TV episodes from 1963 right through to 2007 (the previous last series). All the relevant threads have been moved to this forum.
  • As a result of the above change, The New Series forum now becomes a place for discussion of brand new and upcoming episodes - i.e. SERIES FOUR, which is literally The New Series.

The alterations will not make much difference when it comes to posting, as we believe the name changes better reflect the use of the forums as they have been used recently.
So that's it for now, I'm off to my bed, thanks for reading and enjoy tonight's Who!

Pip Madeley
on behalf of the Mods and Admin staff of Planet Skaro