Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

We've been watching it this year - oddly enough, we never bothered in previous years, but are really enjoying it. I thought Gabby Logan was excellent tonight, although her hubby didn't look very happy back in the 'ready room'. And Kelly Brook was superb too.

My tip for Dark Horse would be Letitia Dean

We're not struck by Letitia yet, although to be fair that's mainly because she knocked out Stephanie Beacham last week.

Lititia is getting the E.E tactical vote & it was obvious that W.Thorne was going out tonight when he ended up against J.Barnes.

Letitia can't be gettin the Eastenders tactical vote-how long has it been since she was in it?

I wouldn't know, I don't grace the programme with my presence.

She's been in and out of it a lot over the past few years I think, hasn't she?

I dnt think shes been in it for nearly 2years now

Well, Kate survives to fight another day! Fair do's to the public for giving her another chance - I wonder if she can repay that faith? But then, I didn't think she was that bad on Saturday.

It's a shame Willie Thorne's gone, as he was a character, and certainly popular, but, even though he did well in the tango, I couldn't really imagine him pulling off some of the more energetic Latin dances.

Where were Letitia's legs this week?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

They were all over Gabriel Byrne on The Graham Norton Show the other night. You could almost "see everything".

America's is much better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krHWzs0g5pg

Who's the woman with the dragon's voice?

Digital Spy's SCD forum isn't happy with last night's shocking result (if the rumours/leaks are true).

Some great bitching from Craig Revel Horwood in today's NOTW

DOMINIC LITTLEWOOD 2 WIN!!

Controversial.

It's no longer about dancing & more about popularity. DJ Spoony all over again.

Well, much as I love 'Strictly Come Dancing', this is where things start getting silly. There is no way that Gabby Logan and Penny Lancaster should have been in that dance-off, and even then, Gabby, in my view the better, more consistent of the two, should not have gone. OK, so the judges had the final decision, but those two should not have been in that position in the first place. The general public are stupid and really shouldn't be given a say in these matters!

What makes things worse is how bad some of the remaining dancers are compared to Gabby, surely one of the best dancers in the show. OK, so Kate Garraway and Anton Du Beke are providing much comedy and entertainment, and it's rather amusing to see them kept in each week, but, let's be honest, Kate is awful. Kenny Logan is even worse, and doesn't even have the entertainment factor in his favour (although he does have a very good, very sexy professional partner). Tim is right when he says it's like the DJ Spoony scenario: he was one of the best dancers in that series, but because he wasn't very well known, he was out far too early. I now fear that the lovely Alesha, who in my opinion is the best dancer in this competition, might be gone before too long because she's maybe not as well known as some of the others.

Another thing which is bothering me is the judges' favouritism towards Penny Lancaster and Kelly Brook, as witnessed in the former winning out over Gabby, and the latter being awarded a '10' despite making a mistake. I think both are overrated, and apart from anything else, I'm starting to find Kelly's false modesty somewhat wearing. Bruno was right to be admonished by his fellow judges for giving her top marks, despite breaking the rules, but by that reckoning, if Kelly was to be unfairly awarded a '10', then Matt and Flavia should really have got full marks from all the judges, as they were both superb.

If there's any justice, it should be Alesha Dixon and Matt Di Angelo in the final, but on this evidence, it will probably be Penny and Kelly. Or, even worse, Kenny Logan and Kate Garraway.

I'm taking this far too seriously, aren't I?

No, I don't think you are Dave. I agree with your comments.
    The last competition was quite well done but this one is looking to be going from dance to farce.

How did Dave manage such a lengthy post without mentioning Lancaster's legs/boots or the skimpy silver gear the female pros were wearing on Sunday? Am I missing something?

Dave's quite right, although I suppose that kind of 'injustice' does sort of come with the territory. I agree, though, that I'd far rather Mr Logan had gone on Saturday.

Elsewhere, BT Yahoo's news pages make me envious of Billy Zane:

Strictly Come Dancing star Kelly Brook has waltzed into a row with the WAGs.

The model and actress was asked in the latest Company magazine to describe her perfect night out.

"It would probably involve a rugby or football team, a private table and several bottles of champagne!" she said.

But in the next breath she laid into footballers' wives who married soccer stars for the moneyed lifestyle.

"I'm not saying all girls who shack up with footballers do. But I would hate to be a girl thinking, 'What am I going to do when I leave school?', and all I was reading about was these girls marrying footballers, getting magazine deals and launching perfumes. I've done it all on my own."

The former Big Breakfast presenter is engaged to actor Billy Zane and in the interview she gives her top tips for keeping the passion alive - fighting and fantastic lighting.

"Fight a lot. Even if you do agree, pretend you don't," she said. "I'm a brat for the sake of causing trouble - but tongue-in-cheek and with a twinkle in my eye. It's about mentally stimulating each other as much as it is about the physical and emotional side."

Asked for her hot tip on maintaining a good sex life, she replied: "Fantastic lighting! When you redecorate, make sure everything's on dimmers. Either that or candlelight."

Brook was on sparkling form in a photoshoot to accompany the interview, showing off the legs which have mesmerised Strictly Come Dancing viewers.

She attributed her curvy figure to "having tons of sex so you look fit and healthy - it's the best thing in the world".

I see, so if your wife wants you to keep in shape you have to have more sex. What an interesting idea. I wonder if I can get away with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Milky Tears View Post
    How did Dave manage such a lengthy post without mentioning Lancaster's legs/boots or the skimpy silver gear the female pros were wearing on Sunday? Am I missing something?
    I'd almost forgot! I'm glad you're here to remind me of these things, James - you're like my own P.A.*

*Perv Assistant

Brook was on sparkling form in a photoshoot to accompany the interview, showing off the legs which have mesmerised Strictly Come Dancing viewers.
    Where?!?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

If in doubt, those old pervs at The Daily Mail always deliver:

YOU MIGHT MESS YOUR PANTS!!
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...e_id=1773&ct=5

ETA: You can even enlarge it!!
    Last edited by Milky Tears; 30th Oct 2007 at 3:19 PM.

I knew I could rely on Milky.

Pah! Alesha's legs are better.

Much better result this week!

Dungeon Master Dom's gone