Default Law and Order: UK

Jamie Bamber has been signed on to play the lead in the new Law and Order: UK

And Freema Agyeman has been signed to play the female lead
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

I thought Law And Order: UK was just The Bill?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It is. But with exciting* court room scenes too.

God knows why they've chosen to remake it, Law and Order is a pretty dull affair if you ask me, one of the most average long running US shows around, and I can't imagine the UK version will do anything new or interesting with the concept.

*This is a lie.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Law and Order is a pretty dull affair if you ask me, one of the most average long running US shows around, and I can't imagine the UK version will do anything new or interesting with the concept.
    It lost a lot when one of the best characters in the series left about 5 years ago (and sadly died shortly afterwards) - right now it still gets ratings, and is a lot more entertaining than the reality crap that fills up the schedules
    Your people? Your people??? They are MY people now!

WhiteCrow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Phil L View Post
    And Freema Agyeman has been signed to play the female lead
    She must be stopped!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Culley View Post
    It lost a lot when one of the best characters in the series left about 5 years ago (and sadly died shortly afterwards) - right now it still gets ratings, and is a lot more entertaining than the reality crap that fills up the schedules
    Was that Jerry Orbach? He was one of the few reasons I ever watched the show, but I almost always found the court room stuff with Sam Waterston to be slow and uninvolving and so I never watched it regularly.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Aren't there several different Law & Order series as it is? Or am I mixing it up with another of those US drama series which fill the sattelite schedules?

No, you're right, there's Law and Order Special Victims Unit, and Law and Order Criminal Intent also still running, plus a few other spin off's that only lasted one series. Personally I just don't get it, as the series is so repetitive, and lacks the innovation of other US cop shops.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

Pip Madeley Guest

Good news for Freema:

ITV1 has commissioned Law & Order: UK for a 13-episode second series, it has announced.

The first series, starring Freema Agyeman, Jamie Bamber and Bradley Walsh, opened its seven-episode run with strong ratings earlier this year. The second half of the series is yet to air.

Series two will see the return of the original cast and will go into production later this year.

"This new commission brings our total order to 26 episodes, which demonstrates our commitment to series that have concepts and storylines that can run long-term," said ITV's Laura Mackie.

"Audiences clearly loved the first series, which featured the cream of British acting talent with gripping 'torn from the headlines' storylines, and this will again be at the heart of the new series."

Series creator Dick Wolf added: "This is a great day for the Law & Order brand. On the heels of the original Law and Order tying Gunsmoke's all time drama series record of 20 years, and Law and Order: SVU's renewal for season 11, it's wonderful to have pick-ups on both sides of the Atlantic."