Thread: Charlie Brooker

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Well, I enjoyed the second episode (15 Million Credits) even more than the first one. Very impressive, I thought.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Boring AND depressing? Mr Brooker, you shouldn't have!

Much as the cast were doing a superb job and even though the ending was kind-of-interesting, 15 Million Credits was a real tedious slog of a watch. Did anything funny happen? I'm afraid it didn't click with me at all!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Admittedly, not a lot of laughs, but I enjoyed the Twilight Zone-ish social satire, of a world of drudgery where the only escape is via pointless talent shows that inevitably result in ritual humiliation by a panel of twats.

A 1984 pastiche for the 21st Century, with some great contemporary flourishes - the adverts you can't turn off, even by closing your eyes, and the 'compliance' in a carton.

Still a good 20 minutes behind Max Headroom, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    Boring AND depressing? Mr Brooker, you shouldn't have!

Much as the cast were doing a superb job and even though the ending was kind-of-interesting, 15 Million Credits was a real tedious slog of a watch. Did anything funny happen? I'm afraid it didn't click with me at all!
    Yeah, have to agree with you on that one. It was an interesting idea, and the near future was cleverly realised, but I just didn't care for the characters at all, and if anything it didn't go far enough satire wise.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

A new (6 part) weekly show on it's way on BBC Two....

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_2098686.html

Anyone know a TX date for this year's Screenwipe review?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I can't seem to find any mention of it in the Christmas RT unless it's not on BBC - obviously a 2012 Wipe would have to make reference to the Savile business and perhaps the BBC aren't currently allowing any satirical programmes to go out with such references include.

I saw it in the Xmas RT - 1st of Jan on BBC2 I think. Somewhere towards the end anyway.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Yes I think Lissa is right. I definitely saw it in the RT too.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Thanks all!

Ah, I only checked the BBC Four listings.

A good start tonight to a more regular Screenwipe. I was worried during the first section that it had been toned down a bit for its BBC2 10pm comedy slot, but then thankfully he let rip with a classic CB diatribe and all was well.

The chat with the celeb guests bit was a bit 10 o'clock show but could grow on me too.
    Bazinga !

An irreverent look at the weeks news/TV & still as sarcastic as ever.

I quite enjoyed it.

Loved Doug Stanhope this week.