Thread: The IT Crowd

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pip Madeley Guest

Two now!

Pip Madeley Guest

New series started on Friday, I caught up tonight - fantastic! Matt Berry is still fantastic as Denham, loved Morris' cameo and Moss running towards the bullies with that gun had me laughing out loud

"Gotcha, you crafty Irish bastard!"

Everyone seems to hate it, but I love this show!

We thought it was very funny too. I especially liked the line

"Your loving father, Mr Wrenham"

which had me chuckling for all weekend.

Oh and "Is that Hitler?" was good too.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I enjoyed it but felt slightly disappointed at the same time. It just lacked something.
    But still good.

"Your loving father, Mr Wrenham"
    I liked that too but what made me chuckle more was the way the letter was worded, as if Reynham had written after he'd killed himself.

Pip Madeley Guest

Here it is in full:

Dear Douglas,

If you're reading this it's because you've found my father's old service revolver. I did plan on using this gun to take my own life, if it ever came to it, but as you know in the end I jumped out of a window. I pass it onto you in the hope that if things ever get too bad you'll be able to take the easy way out. Hopefully it won't come to it, but if it does, you must promise me that you'll shoot yourself without a moment's hesitation.

Your affectionate father,
    Mr Reynholm
    I'd also like to add that Catherine Parkinson is still rather cute.

I'm loving the use of Matt Berry, hopefully he'll continue to play a big part in the series. I enjoyed, but didn't feel like it was one of the better episodes; loved the stuff with the gun though.

"I've got a ruddy gun!"

Si xx

I'd also like to add that Catherine Parkinson is still rather cute
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    I enjoyed it but felt slightly disappointed at the same time. It just lacked something.
    But still good.
    That's how I feel, I liked a lot of it, and Matt Berry's character is growing on me, but sometimes it feels a bit flat - the end credit's sequence was a bit odd too, as I was expecting something funny to happen at the end, but it just stopped.

Still, it's easily one of the best new sitcoms around at the mo, and hopefully will carry on improving.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

It was very funny, but the plotting was very loose. Everyone had their own subplot and there was no main story.

It's moved on from being 'Father Ted with 3 Father Jacks'. Now Matt Berry has arrived, it's 'Father Ted with 4 Father Jacks'.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

After a rather lacklustre episode last week, this week's episode was superb. Very, very funny and I loved the way it all built up and built up.

"OH NO! The Internet!"

Si xx

Matt Berry steals the show every week, nice to see his name added to the credits.

"I'm the boss. The big man. Numero Uno. The Godfather. The Lords of the rings. Taxi Driver...Jaws...I'm sorry, what was the question?"

The best episodes are usually ones where Jen is given more of a focus and storyline rather than writing her into the background, like the "Magician lookalike" joke.
    Was I the only one saying "Who was this Chris Morris anyway?" at the end of the show?
    Let's hope this standard is run with the rest of the series!
    How good does it feel to be proved right when everybody has been telling you
    "Oh you like the IT crowd? I can't get into it myself?"

Pip Madeley Guest

Friday's was absolutely fantastic - as Martin says, Matt Berry is stealing the show and rightly so.

"Richest Arsehole"

I thought this weeks was one of the weakest this series, the first half was very slow, but luckily the second half made up for it. Moss was hilarious as Jen's husband, and 'the Joker' was brilliant.

Matt Berry stole the show again with only a few lines.

"Come on, be game!"

Pip Madeley Guest

I actually cheered out loud when he came through the door.

"Well, hello there beautiful..."

Pip Madeley Guest

"See her? I'm shagging her."

And Moss as a husband with cardigan and pipe was worth a laugh or two.
    And haven't we all had a "Joker" faced girlfriend at some point in our lives?

I found myself really enjoying the final third of the series, it's definitely finding it's feet now. I think they've changed the character's quite a lot this year, Jen definitely seems less shouty, the same applies with Roy and he's a lot more sympathetic, whilst Moss is far more confident, all of which benefit the series. Douglas is sillier and a lot more fun too, whilst Lineham's scripting is finally far tighter. And if things continue like this in series 4, it could finally turn in to one of the best sitcoms of the last decade.
    "RIP Henchman No.24."

I love this show (despite being put off watching S1 by bad promos) and have done all I can to convert friends/family/work mates into watching it. With not much luck. This season had two episodes that just comedically slayed me to the point of gasping for breath - and that is very rare with any comedy (Tramps Like Us/The Speech).

And I do am worshipper at the altar of Katherine Parkinson, much to my Wife's annoyance. But I'll settle for Moss if he's free...
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    And if things continue like this in series 4, it could finally turn in to one of the best sitcoms of the last decade.
    Are we in to a new decade yet.......?

Still waiting for S4? Well, wait for S5 whilst your at it....

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2010/0...073/we_love_it...

“If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Hooray!

Si xx

Media Guardian said:
    The IT Crowd returns to Channel 4 in June.
    And apparently there'll be a team of writers for Series 5.

Perhaps year 4 is the year that I'll work out who the main character is. Or come to the conclusion that it was never meant to have a 'main' character. It's still very funny.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!