Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

We did use one of the specially taken TARDIS model shots yes. We got some very odd glances tramping down to the lock with a 12" model TARDIS under our arm I can tell you!

Dave and Jonno are BRILL as the Exec. It really paid off having a special session for those. I could easily have just had a day doing silly voices in our spare room, but they are such good performances it was so much better casting them specifically! It was like getting two different kinds of monster for the price of one!

Si.

I've sent you some money for the CD Si. It's a shame I can't be there for the premier as I'll be in Minehead on the 31st to the 5th. (The same thing happened last year)

I have replied! Thanks Tim!

Si.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    We did use one of the specially taken TARDIS model shots yes. We got some very odd glances tramping down to the lock with a 12" model TARDIS under our arm I can tell you!
    For anyone who didn't spot it, the TARDIS is very convincingly (even though I say so myself) placed on the other side of the water, a clearer view here:

Thanks everyone for the kind comments, I'm very proud of this one - I liked the touch of the 'vortex swirl' in the background, as it's become a bit of a trademark for PS, as I hoped it would

I like the way our heroes are in colour against the purple tinged backdrop. That's neat!

Si.

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Gently View Post
    I'll be paypal'ing you some money soon Si.
    I shall do the same when a couple of my eBay auctions end, next week.

Agreed. It will probably happen eventually!

Si.
    A Dalek invasion of Sawbridgeworth could well happen one day!
    An alliance with the Cybermen/Sea Devils/Ice Warriors/Zygons/Morbius/Arcturus/etc... is not beyond the realms of possibility.

We should do some kind of alien conference thing and everyone can do silly voices! A return to Peladon! The dullest planet in the Universe!

And yes, it seems a good time to be rattling my tin! Donate people! Anything that goes into my Paypal account now is going to help Cancer Research! I've even just paid for a new Ebay purchase by cheque to keep the fund pure!

Si.

Wayne Guest

If you took all Who enemies who's voices weren't created by using a Ring Modulator out of the equation, you'd probably just be left with the Vardans!
    Last edited by Wayne; 5th Mar 2007 at 3:31 PM.

Pip Madeley Guest

I like the way our heroes are in colour against the purple tinged backdrop. That's neat!

Si.
    *puts on artist hat*

That was because the Doctor and his companions are 'real', and "Clear Waters" is fictitious.

I'll be giving my money and donation to Si on the day, to save paying greedy Paypal a fee.

Me too!

If you took all Who enemies who's voices weren't created by using a Ring Modulator out of the equation, you'd probably just be left with the Vardans!
    And to recreate them all you need to do is shake some tin foil!

Both the cover and the trailer are MAGNIFICELLENTASTICACIOUS!

Wayne Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Monk View Post
    Me too!
    And to recreate them all you need to do is shake some tin foil!

Dave, you definitely have the campest last line of a trailer ever!

Pip Madeley Guest

I'm sure we can find someone who can act to their level of amateur dramatics

Does the kiss come through in the mix? That last line IS very camp isn't it!

Si.

You can hear the kiss.

Just wanted to mention Pip's bit in the trailer. I didn't really get to act with Pip at all but that line of his is great! He says it in a way that so different from how I imagined it would sound but so much better too. And Kathy's laugh is wonderful too. I love the way that it sounds like she's laughing for real near the end.
    I'm just getting such a buzz from the whole Soap thing now. Its just kicked in! (or maybe its the several cups of tea I just had )
    I'm just going to apologise for the extra nasally sounding lines of mine. I did have a bit of a cold and went through various degrees of bunged-up-ness throughout the day.

Pip Madeley Guest

You can hear the kiss.

Just wanted to mention Pip's bit in the trailer. I didn't really get to act with Pip at all but that line of his is great! He says it in a way that so different from how I imagined it would sound but so much better too.
    *puts on thesp hat*

To be honest, I thought I underplayed it a little, when I was practising at home I was much more OTT with it... so at the recording, being a little nervous, it didn't come out as I intended, but I think you're right, it works well.

I prefer my Rufas Sugar scenes though - yet to be heard!

Wayne Guest

You can hear the kiss.

Just wanted to mention Pip's bit in the trailer.
    Pip as well? I didn't reciognise his bit! Mind you, the only people i'm totally sure about, are Paul, Dave, & Ant. (& probably Tim)

Pip Madeley Guest

That's why the cast list comes in handy when you first hear the play!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Madeley View Post
    *puts on thesp hat* being a little nervous, it didn't come out as I intended)
    He,ha,ha

It was odd hearing my line back this time, as it was pretty much my own voice. At least last time I was hiding behind Vera.

Everyone else was marvellous though! I loved the kiss, and Paul sounded more assured as the Doctor this time. Pip was fabby in one of my favourite moments of the story.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I hate it when people have favourite moments because I've probably cut them!

Si.

I think the TARDIS in the background would look better with a reflection in the water.

I'm the sort.

Now you mention it...

Pip Madeley Guest

I already thought of that - seeing as the word 'Soap' covers that area on the finished cover, I thought it'd be a waste of time.