Time to get your thinking caps on, guys. Let’s see how many tv series and films we can link up in a family tree. But to make it a bit more interesting, rather than simply name the next connection we only leave a clue, to which the next poster has to answer before leaving their next clue. I’ll answer my own first few clues to show what I mean, and also kick off a few braches to head down; then we’ll see where this takes us. But like a real family tree, it might get out of control pretty easily with branches sprouting up all over the place.

Of course we could do family trees for obvious series like DW or Star Trek, but I think we'll start off with something a little less obvious: for instance, take the film Logan’s Run starring Micheal York and Jenny Agutter, which I watched again recently:

-Name the tv series in which Micheal York guest-starred as a character who started a war (A: Babylon 5)
-Name the actor who played Logan in the tv version of Logan’s Run, and the 80s series (a spin-off from a popular 60s/70s novel, film and sitcom) in which he played a doctor. (A: Gregory Harrison and Trapper John, MD - a spin-off from MASH)
-Who was supporting actress Farrah Fawcett married to at the time, and what bionic series of his did she guest-star in? (A: Lee Majors, and The Six Million Dollar Man)

Round 2 (no answers this time!)

-A certain Captain of Babylon 5 was seen a few years earlier in a regular role as a man-eating reporter in another super series: name the actress and the series.
-Name the actors who originally played Trapper John in both the tv and film versions of MASH. Name any tv series you wish in which the film actor has appeared; the tv actor later replaced another famous actor (a household name at that time) in a tv movie version of a popular 60s Sidney Sheldon comedy about an astronaut…name the original actor who played the astronaut.
-Name the member of the production team of the Six Million Dollar Man who created it‘s spin-off The Bionic Woman, and any of the series which he became more famous for creating in the late 70s, 80s and 90s…

Moving onwards…it’s up to you lot now to answer these questions and supply the next lot. Whether the links are actors, writers/creators, spin-offs or something else…all that’s needed is a valid link. We can backtrack to any given point and branch off in another direction at any time, and of course as in a real family tree some branches will just come to a dead end.

Remember, the aim is simply to see how many series/films we can link together in such a manner.

So for the moment we'll see how we can expand the Logan's Run Family Tree...(and I wonder how long it will be before we find a Trek or Who connection - Probably not too long, I wager!)

Have fun!