Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's bloody awful, isn't it? Best TV service in the world and the Government are kicking it in the teeth because they believe private industry (Hello Mr Murdoch!) is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob McCow View Post
    It's bloody awful, isn't it? Best TV service in the world and the Government are kicking it in the teeth because they believe private industry (Hello Mr Murdoch!) is the best.

Agreed, you look at itv's daily prime time tv between 7pm and 10pm and with the exception of the two soaps Emerdale and Corrie the majority of the rest of it is made up of game shows, talent contests and reality tv . Saturday nights are even worse with the whole evening taken up by it and it really worries me that the BBC will eventualy go the same way with all these cuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    So does that mean, if you don't have HD, you'll effectively lose BBC2?
    Bloody well hope not. I still watch standard definition BBC One a lot of the time as the DOG on BBC One HD really grates sometimes and I don't feel that EastEnders for example benefits from being in marginally higher definition.
    Also I mostly sky+ from standard definition channels as their HD equivalents take up about 5 times more hard drive space.