Default James Cordon Has Fight With Sir Patrick Stewart!

It's not how you want the evening to turn out.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100609...t-5f8abb3.html

James Corden and Sir Patrick Stewart shocked onlookers at an awards ceremony when the pair became involved in a verbal tussle.

Gavin and Stacey star Corden was hosting the Glamour Women of the Year event in front of an audience of showbiz names like Cheryl Cole, Billie Piper, Christine Bleakley and Lily Allen when the spat took place.

Theatre veteran and Star Trek actor Sir Patrick had got up on stage to present a gong for Film Actress of the Year when he criticised Corden for the way he hosted parts of the evening.

He told the comedy star not to stand at the back with his hands in his pocket looking like he would rather be somewhere else when recipients got up to collect their gongs. If he was joking, it appeared to fall flat with Corden, and things got worse when Sir Patrick told the portly comic: "From where I was sitting, I could see your belly."

Corden told the actor to get on with presenting the award, and started to look at his watch. He then countered: "You could see my belly. I can see you dying right now." As the tension mounted, Sir Patrick retaliated: "Do you want one more? If you fancy one of the Jonas Brothers, cover your belly."

Corden had earlier joked about fancying heart-throb Nick Jonas, who presented an award to Florence and the Machine. After telling Sir Patrick to get on with it, the thespian presented the gong to Avatar star Zoe Saldana, who said: "I like your belly but I'd like to see Sir Patrick Stewart dying on stage any day."

Corden then said: "I feel bad for people who haven't seen my belly." To huge applause he then lifted his T-shirt and showed off his tummy. "OK can we get a taxi really quickly please. There's an old man going home," he said of Sir Patrick.

The spat shocked the audience with Nowhere Boy actor Aaron Johnson remarking: "I love your belly. That was intense. I didn't know where to look." Singer Duffy remarked on stage: "James is doing a wonderful job. Highly entertaining."

Corden said later: "I sound like my mum. I wasn't angry. I found it quite disappointing. You should ask him about it but I'm certain he's left." Corden had made several of the celebrities presenting awards and receiving gongs the butt of his jokes at the central London bash.
    Humour the old man for Gods sake!

Si.

It just goes to show what a talentless cock Corden is. He's being told off by the CAPTAIN OF THE STARSHIP ENTERPRISE~! and he can't turn it into a bit of comic business. Not even an "aye aye Cap'n".
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

He's a real charmer isn't he?

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I can't stand Corden and applaud Patrick Stewart for having a go at him, but really, has there ever been a less-amusing slice of celebrity bandinage?

"Stop slouching."

"You're an old git."

"You're fat."

"You're gay."

"You're very old."

"Your mum's old."

"Your mum's dead."

"Yes she is."

Etc.

It's a bit lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGKNND5ltQA

That's how you have a spat.

That's how I have a spat.

Has James ever done any work that hasn't involved jokes about his weight? I think not Stackyard!

Corden was born a **** of the Highest Order.

Captain Tancredi Guest

Corden is making hay while the sun shines, I think. Having been perfectly cast as the fat mate in Gavin and Stacey, it's just a matter of time before everybody realises that that's just about all he can do well (and he didn't even think to put in a dig about Huddersfield Town either).

Quote Originally Posted by P-Bal View Post
    It's a bit lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGKNND5ltQA

That's how you have a spat.

That's how I have a spat.
    Now if only Politicians would settle their differences in the same way - politics would be much better.

Of course this could never have happened between Corden and Stewart - well the hair pulling would have been severely tricky at any rate ...
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

I finally saw a bit of this on BBC Breakfast this morning. Gawd it was pathetic. Stewart came across as an old grump and Corden as a nasty bully. They both did themselves no favours.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

Who on earth was Sir Pat at the Glamour awards? Surely he's too good for that sort of trash? Maybe that's why he was the grumpus.

I still haven't seen it, but agree that neither come out of this sounding good. Corden probably asked him something about Star Trek before the show....
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

It's typical Jarvis vs Jacko mentality that people seemed to be booeing Stewart. The man with a lifetime of contributing to popular culture gets no respect but the flash in the pan "cool" bloke who's moronically exposed himself is somehow a hero. Says something for the brainless people in the audience.

Si. :mobile

*zips up mouth*

I've finally gathered up the stomach* to watch the clip on the BBC website. Corden is an even bigger** cock than I thought he was.

*stomachs are hilarious

**big people are also hilarious
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Pip Madeley Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    It's typical Jarvis vs Jacko mentality that people seemed to be booeing Stewart. The man with a lifetime of contributing to popular culture gets no respect but the flash in the pan "cool" bloke who's moronically exposed himself is somehow a hero. Says something for the brainless people in the audience.

Si. :mobile
    *zips up mouth as well*

(I've learnt to turn the other cheek!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pip Madeley View Post
    *zips up mouth as well*

(I've learnt to turn the other cheek!)
    You've taken your first step into a larger world!

[And I'm refering to the Spaced episode, not Star Wars]
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

It does mean next time I watch Star Trek Next Generation, I'm going to hear a revision to Jean-Luc's speeches "In the 24th Century, I like to think humanity has a more evolved sensibility ... OI YOU BIG FAT OAF, PUT IT AWAY!!!".

Where's John deLancie when you need him!

Although I don't much like Mr Corden, I'm still baffled as to what Sir Patrick thought he was doing. I'm afraid he comes across as at least as much of a pompous idiot as the host.

Oh Dear

Sir P takes completely the wrong approach from the start; trying to be funny is not his strong suit, and clearly he's made the whole thing up while he's been sitting there (and if he'd been advised to try this approach by one of his 'people' , that person should be history by now). You're never going to win like that because the host is always going to have the last word.

And yet - an experienced, accomplished host like J Ross would have handled it much better. They'd have smiled or laughed politely at PS's attempts, let him present the award, and then fired off a mild put down after he went back to his seat.

Corden is obviously so insecure about his funny man status and hosting ability that he actually feels threatened by Sir P's feeble attempts. Hence the continual interruptions, one-upmanship and descent into genuine vitriol. If you can't handle someone else trying to be funny on your stage, don't get on the stage in the first place.

Of course, he'll cement his position as first rate c@(k if he tries to make mileage out of the incident on his no doubt 'hilarious' World Cup football party thing on ITV when it starts tonight - and I suspect he will
    Bazinga !

I agree entirely with Jon. Neither of them came off well, but Corden came off worse due to his inability to just brush Stewart's comments aside, though Stewart should have done the same instead of resorting to childish jokes about Corden's weight. Perhaps he was drunk?

It's a really uncomfortable moment to watch isn't it? Both men are trying to be funny, and neither are quite getting it right, like that moment when you crack a joke and just wish you'd shut up because it's not very funny. There's one moment when they could have turned it around and that's the bit where Cordon starts whispering to Stewart in the background. What would have been great would be if they'd started prodding each other, then having a full scale fight, all behind that girl speaking at the lecturn who would have carried on giving her award obliviously. That would have been brilliant.

As it stands, both will have got home and just buried their heads in their hands.

Si.

There's a bit where Paddy Stewart laughs and you think it might be a gag but as a wise man once said, the emphasis is all wrong. Send them both down.