Threaded View

Pip Madeley Guest

Default Red Dwarf: The Bodysnatcher Collection

Red Dwarf Remastered

The remastered release is currently intended as a four-disc box-set, with one disc each for the three series plus a bonus disc. Aside from the 18 remastered episodes, it's a release that is going to give us a chance to do something we've been aching to do - three brand-new documentaries.

For the first time, the making of Series I and Series II will be covered in-depth, as per our Series III to VIII DVD docs, with some exciting and unexpected contributors. We'll be interviewing cast and crew from Red Dwarf's formative years and asking - just how did you get anything done with hangovers that large?

We'll also be documenting the remastered production itself, digging into just what went on with the creation of these controversial re-edits. The changes to model shots, sound and picture, the edits, the public reaction...we'll be digging up the whole story.
    With more extras to be announced.

Some people might feel this is a bit of a rip-off, others hate the remastered episodes, but I rather liked them, as I got into Red Dwarf with series eight back in 1999, so the remastered CGI was what I expected. I see it as a nice alternative to the originals, not a replacement.

I believe Rob Grant will be contributing to the release, too.

Edited to add: I should make it clear these are the 1997 remastered versions that were released on VHS:

Last edited by Pip Madeley; 13th Jan 2007 at 10:15 PM.