Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shower

12 70.59%
  • Bath

5 29.41%

Thread: Shower or Bath?

Default Shower or Bath?

Do you prefer the luxury of a long soak in the bath or the convenience of a nice hot (or indeed cold) shower?

And why?

Si xx
    Last edited by SiHart; 29th Sep 2010 at 1:37 PM.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I love the luxury of a bath, but I tend to splash. Ha ha. Seriously maybe it's an age thing, but it seems to knock out so much muscle tightness ... got to be impossibly hot though.
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......

Showers for me.

Baths always SEEM like a nice idea, but in truth they're horrible. Lots of wasteful water, sitting down naked on some horrid uncomfortable porcelain slab, getting your toes burnt under the dripping hot tap and somehow ending up feeling sweaty and bored. No thanks!

Si.

I definitely prefer showers...

...baths seem great until you realise that you're basically soaking in your own filth. Lovely!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I love a long soak in a nice hot bath. I find it really relaxing and I'm quite happy to lie there until the water goes cold.

Showers are purfunctory- to get clean. Baths are the luxury.

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I used to be a bather. I'd spend ages in there, usually falling asleep and emerge not much wiser but keen to go back to sleep. Then my back went wrong and it was too painful to lie in the bath. It's been a blessing though - having a shower instead of a bath saves an hour every night, I don't go to sleep and it doesn't hurt as much.

Though - quick winter tip - if you can put the plug in while having a show it warms your feet up a treat.
    Dennis, Francois, Melba and Smasher are competing to see who can wine and dine Lola Whitecastle and win the contract to write her memoirs. Can Dennis learn how to be charming? Can Francois concentrate on anything else when food is on the table? Will Smasher keep his temper under control?

If only the 28th century didn't keep popping up to get in Dennis's way...

#dammitbrent

The eleventh annual Brenty Four serial is another Planet Skaro exclusive. A new episode each day until Christmas in the Brenty Four-um.

Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Though - quick winter tip - if you can put the plug in while having a show it warms your feet up a treat.
    So does weeing on them while you're in there.....or have I said too much ?

I'm with Mr Hart (though not literally) - showers are for getting clean quickly, baths are for reading, relaxing, dozing and whiling away a few quiet hours.
    Bazinga !

I prefer baths, but I have showers most days. Baths are relaxing in theory, but I'm always shattered when I finish and I don't sleep that much better after having one.
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

It's baths for me (when I have the time that is).

I must admit then I do actually do the same as Lissa and put the plug in the bath whilst in the shower - it really does warm up your feet.
    It's good for showers that hang on the wall above the bath; I don't suppose you get a plug in a shower cubical though - or do you?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    I don't suppose you get a plug in a shower cubical though - or do you?
    Not in mine!

Ant x

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

I was going to say there's no answer to that! Obviously there is...

I'd prefer to have a bath, but since I moved I've been stuck with a shower. At least it's useful if I'm in a hurry, the bath is somewhere to spend forever in if you've nothing else to do.

I prefer the shower, I use it twice a day, as soon as I come in from work, and then later as a freshen up when I get up in the afternoon.
    I do like a bath now and again, usually a long HOT soak and a bottle of wine, but it shows how often that is because we had a new bathroom suite installed four months ago and haven't used the bath yet.

Tough - I love the kind of shower I get on the (very rare) occassion I stay in a posh hotel (was more often when I worked for JISC) in a nice big cubicle big enough for two or three and with the power of an angry hot monsoon.

But after a day or two I still fancy a float in a big, big tub of water (no bubbles for me thanks, bloody alergic to them) with a mag or a book and some music floating, drifting, gently away!
    Creator of Doctor WHeasel and sometime political radical