Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

We got a copy of the Sarah Jane Adventures Guide from DWM too. Strangest timing.

Captain Tancredi Guest

One of the curious things about being a fan in the Twitter age is that I can number myself among a couple of thousand people who can say that they heard it from Nicola Bryant.

Unlike many fans of my age group, I don't quite have the grounding in Tom Baker's era that others do, but to take a character which another actress might have discarded after a year and keep it going for nearly forty years...I think that in hindsight a lot of the "difficulty" that was reported was in fact a kind of quality control to keep a handle on Sarah Jane's integrity as a character and ensuring that she was at her best to talk about her experiences rather than going here, there and everywhere to repeat the same half-dozen anecdotes.

I have to say that there's an increasing sense of the Who that I care about and enjoy being part of the past, and this might just be what changes my relationship with the series. My copy of 'Planet of the Spiders' arrived today, and already it feels like a time capsule from another era.

Just saw this on the DWM Twitter feed:

The BBC has confirmed that there will be a dedication to Elisabeth Sladen at the start of Saturday's new episode of Doctor Who.
    There will also be a 15-minute programme 'My Sarah Jane: A Tribute to Elisabeth Sladen' at 18:45 on CBBC on Saturday, after Doctor Who.

I heard on the morning news and it's taken this long for the fact to sink in. Elizabeth Sladen has passed away. Too young. Too soon.

There's a newsfeed on the big screen at the front of the library: yesterday's headlines - Gadaffi; the letterbomb sent to the Celtic manager; and Sarah Jane has died. I had trouble carrying on seeing that yesterday, and just now I couldn't finish reading the tributes posted here and on Si's Newsround link, I was so overcome. As with Nicholas Courtney, it felt as though she'd be around forever. So soon after watching The Sontaran Experiment, her death seems all the more surreal and pointless.

I thought tonight's tribute to Lis was beautiful and CBBC should be commended. I'm not afraid to say, there might have been a tear as they showed the compilation of clips and photos to Elvis Costello's 'She' - the clip from 'School Reunion' ("Goodbye, my Sarah Jane") finished me off. Wonderful stuff.

This is a beautiful tribute video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX5P...layer_embedded

Caught up with the CBBC tribute on iPlayer last night, wonderful stuff and have to say well done to the team who put it together at such short notice.

As an aside, how crazy was Matt Smith's hair looking!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

It's difficult to believe it's been a year since Lis passed away. She's still much missed.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

She's still with us, we watch Sarah Jane Adventures all the time. She will live on forever in those stories.

Si.

Still much loved and very missed. I'm currently reading her autobiog now - lovely lady with a lot of positive energy for the world of Who

Was a very sad time - Liz, Nick Courtney and my father in law during a v short time.

Sent from my LG-P500h using Tapatalk 2
    Remember, just because Davros is dead doesn't mean the Dalek menace has been contained ......