Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Awesome Wells View Post
    What's your team name, Paul? I'm having the best Fantasy Premier League season ever - in fact, it's my best fantasy season in *any* league - ... mostly thanks to Rooney and Aguero.

Clement XI. I also have Rooney and Aguero, as well as Suarez, so expect a lot of points to come too.

Yeah, I've got Suarez as well. IT'S A GOAL FESTIVAL.

Ho hum...so much for that cup run Chris Powell hope for.

But thanks to Sheff Utd losing at home to Huddersfield last night, we went top of the league with a game in hand without kicking a ball in league one!
    Last edited by duncan; 14th Sep 2011 at 8:27 AM.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

I would just like to remind every body that my beloved Hammer's are in the championship, sitting nicely in 4th place - we've won our first 3 away games and last saturday we scored 4 goals in a game for the 3rd time in 4 matches god knows when the last time we did that.

Despite people reservations about Allardyce, he has not only got us playing some nice football, but has made some brilliant signings in Nolan, Faye, Matt Taylor, Joey O'brien, Diop, Sam Baldock,from Mk Dons, and brought in Henri Landsbury and David Bentley in on loan plus a couple of others signings . More importantly despite losing Parker, we've kept hold of Green, Cole and Collison, . Before Sam took over I really thoufght we would struggle this season but now I feel very confident about automatic promotion.

Oh how I remember feeling like that. We were a Premiership side after all and didn't we deserve automatic promotion just by turning up each week?

That's what our players thought and look at us now.

I hope that doesn't happen to West Ham Larry, but going on past seasons it has happened to us, Leeds, SOuthampton, Norwich etc etc.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Quote Originally Posted by duncan View Post
    Oh how I remember feeling like that. We were a Premiership side after all and didn't we deserve automatic promotion just by turning up each week?

we had that same attitude in 2002/3 when we were last relegated we arrogantly assumed we'd walk the title a 1-0 early season defeat awayt at Rotherham soon brought us crashing back to reality. It took us two seasons to get back and I'd like to think our fans have learnt the lesson this league is not easy.

That's what our players thought and look at us now.

I hope that doesn't happen to West Ham Larry, but going on past seasons it has happened to us, Leeds, SOuthampton, Norwich etc etc.

had we kept Grant, I would of had serious concerns about dropping into league 1 - but with Sam in charge and the signings he's made I just can't see it happening.

Great result for Spurs, but sorry Dave, your team really just didn't turn up today.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Clement View Post
    Great result for Spurs, but sorry Dave, your team really just didn't turn up today.
    All too true, Paul - it was an abysmal performance. Spurs played well, credit to them, but a team of five year olds could have beaten Liverpool today. Only Enrique (and, perhaps, Reina) emerged with any credit.

I think Enrique will turn out to be one of your best summer signings. Left back has been a problem spot for you for some time, and he's very attack minded but is also more than capable defensively.

At the start of the match they showed the Liverpool line up and I thought Downing, Adam, Suarez and Carroll... four players Spurs were after and lost out to Liverpool on. I'm actually quite pleased we missed out on Carroll and to a lesser extent Adam. Downing is a great player to have as he is versatile with a good left and right foot, while Suarez will be up there with Rooney and Aguero as the Premier League top scorers come the end of the season.

4th away win on the spin for Charlton although it nearly didn't come off as Rochdale came back from 2-0 down.

We are top of the league say we are top of the league.

Gillingham won 6-1, I wish we could play Hereford every week.

Great result. We need a scoreline like that to boost our goal difference.

Full Premiership weekend results:

Blackburn 4 - 3 Arsenal
    Aston Villa 1 - 1 Newcastle
    Bolton 1 - 2 Norwich
    Everton 3 - 1 Wigan
    Swansea 3 - 0 West Brom
    Wolves 0 - 3 QPR
    Tottenham 4 - 0 Liverpool
    Fulham 2 - 2 Man City
    Sunderland 4 - 0 Stoke City
    Man Utd 3 - 1 Chelsea

I think they must have been promoting Shredded Wheat in the Premiership, quite a goal fest.

Bloody Liverpool going down 4-0!!!!

Urgh another rotten weekend for the Gunners

Watchers in the Fourth Dimension: A Doctor Who Podcast
    Three Americans and a Brit attempt to watch their way through the entirety of Doctor Who
    ----
    Latest Episode: The WOTAN Clan, discussing The War Machines
    Available on iTunes, Spotify, Stitcher, and Podbean
    Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter at @watchers4d

What a miss by Torres! Surely Chelsea will let him go in January.

I've now decisively moved from last place to joint last place last week to now being firmly in penultimate place in my fantasy league. Thank you very much again Mr Rooney

4th away win on the spin for Charlton .

bit dissapointed as our 100% away record came to an end with a draw at Millwall, on Saturday thankfully the game went off with out any trouble.

What a miss by Torres! Surely Chelsea will let him go in January.

and funny as hell it was to - I've seen a fir few misses in my time but that's certainly one of the best or worst depending on your view point.

I'm sure that in one of those "It shouldn't happen to a footballer" shows, it would rank right up their at no.1.

I'm sure that in one of those "It shouldn't happen to a footballer" shows, it would rank right up their at no.1.

don't know about that reckon Ronnie Rossentile's miss against Aston Villa, is still one of the best when he was clean through went round the keeper and smacked the ball against the bar. I even recall in a West Ham v Manchester Utd, game at Upton Park, in the late 1990's that ended 0-0 , with a few minutes to go we got a corner, the ball was crossed in the keeper missed it it came to Sammasi Aboue, who was standing almost right on the goal line with no boby in front of him yet he some how managed to put the ball over the bar.

Another win for Spurs and for Gillingham.

And for Charlton! We have gone 3pts clear at the top with a game in hand. I have to hand it to Powell, he has got Charlton playing good passing football. The next two games will be a big test as we are away to Sheff Utd and MK Dons. If we are still top after that, I'll start believing we could be going up at last.

and another 3pts for West Ham, but by all accounts Peterborough, made us work very hard for the points.