Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Doctor Who Question Time

This runs the same as the long running Question Time thread over in the general forum... only this one is Doctor Who related! Ask your questions, any questions, as long as they're Doctor Who related...

So to start off, what's your favourite Target book cover?

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

You never forget your first time... So mine is The Sontaran Experiment. The first Target I ever read, and it's a corker. Admittedly I thought the cover showed the Doctor standing on a gigantic statue of a Sontaran (some kind of Statue of Liberty imagery perhaps) and that 'SonTARan' was pronounced 'SONTaran' but they were giddy and exciting times. And the cover is beautifully simple - I love the muted Autumnal colouring to it.

Well that's far too long an answer for such a simple question. Let's move quickly on to pose the following...

What's the WORST Dalek story?

Got to be The Stolen Earth Davrossy New Series one surely? That was just terrible. Big and epic and probably looked good on paper somewhere at some time, but was full of so much stupidity (including made-up words like EXTERMINIEREN, utter nonsense with regenerating severed hands etc) and an ending that made no sense whatsover. Load of bilge.

If we're talking the original series then I'd have to say The Chase or Destiny, but neither of them were entirely bad.

Oh... er... What's your favourite console?

The 80s one that debuted in The Five Doctors.

What's your favourite Cyberman design?

The Invasion Cybermen

Same Question again please

Well although they weren't particularly menacing, there was something very freaky about the Tenth Planet Cybermen that struck a chord with me.

What's your favourite regeneration scene?

It's got to be the end of Logopolis I think, simply because of it being the first one I saw actually happen, but also because it is a darned good one. (Runner-up, though, would be the Time and the Rani opener, because at least at the time the idea of opening with the regeneration was new, and it also starts the story, the season, and the era off with one heck of a bang!)

Well that's the end of that question, but the moment has been prepared for...

If William Hartnell had been unavailable in 1963, who would YOU have liked to see as the original Doctor?

I don't like to think about this one because if the first Doctor had been anyone else they might not have wanted to leave after three years and if the show had gone on for seven years with a single actor in the role it's possible the concept of rejuvenation / regeneration would never have come into being and therefore I probably wouldn't be discussing a programme that ended in 1970... but that said... Geoffrey Bayldon who was actually offered the part and turned it down but is still very much with us.

If the 12th Doctor was to be an older man who would you choose?

Tom Baker as he is now - less the amiable bohemian, more the eccentric, irritable and occasional foul-mouthed pensioner.

(BTW Daleks in Manhattan/Evolution is galatically worse than Stolen Earth/ JEnd IMO)

What old monster is crying out for a Nu Hoo makeover ?
    Bazinga !

Sensible answer: The Ice Warriors and The Zygons since they're about the only good ones left that anyone might actually remember. Both had strong designs and backstories that actually lend themselves to new stories. I'd like to see The Sea Devils again, but apparently it is literally impossible to write a story about Hulke's finest that isn't identical to Doctor Who and the Silurians.

True answer, in spite of all reason: The Quarks! I love them so much, they are so unfairly maligned.

What story have you watched so many times that you can recite it (and, presumably, do)?

The Five Doctors. I might ba able to pretty much the whole thing.

What's your favourite fourth Doctor moment?

The scene with Harry in Robot. "You might be a doctor, but I'm the Doctor," and so on.

A question... Okay, which classic series companion could you have seen in a contemporary spin-off similar to SJA (but not Sarah Jane, obviously)?

I'd cheat and have gone for a UNIT spinoff - a Torchwood for the seventies, with the Brig, Benton and Yates, and possibly dragging back Liz Shaw as their scientific advisor.

In my mind's eye I can see the opening credits being something like The Professionals !

Apart from the Sonic, what's your favourite gadget of the Doctor's ?
    Bazinga !

The TARDIS sniffer-outer - I love how blatantly Jo is making it spin the whole time. But the best gadget of all isn't even the Doctor's - it's Koquillion's Magic Spanner.

What's the most stupid/obscure quote from Doctor Who that's entered your personal lexicon?

"Hello, carmine seepage?"

Same again!

"I heard a cry"

Same again
    Bazinga !

That was ME!

Same again

It'd that wretched square again (said when lost)

Who wrote the best incidental music for Doctor Who?

Tristam Cary (The Daleks, Marco Polo, The Daleks' Master Plan, The Gunfighters, The Mutants). Some very unique, unforgettable scores in that lot!

What story can you never really remember anything about, although you're sure you've seen it (perhaps more than once)?

Underworld.

Which Dr Who story do you wish you couldn't remember a thing from?

Journey's End. Then I could enjoy it all over again for the first time!

What is your first Doctor Who related memory?

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

The Creature From The Pit. I remember a big squidgy monster, but that's about it - time to put it on the DVD wish list!

What's your most "laugh out loud" moment in Doctor Who?

"HARRY SULLIVAN IS AN IMBECILE!"

Same question.

Two moments from Invasion of the Dinosaurs. The first is midway through Part One, where Pertwee takes on a vicious Pterodactyl with a mop. The second is the opening of Part Six, where a Brontosaurus takes out a T Rex by bashing it with its eyes. Bad puppetry slays me every time.

What's that one little niggle that drives you crazy every time you watch it? Perhaps a continuity error, or a really out of character bit for the Doctor.