Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I really enjoy the mayhem of being thrown into a tangled web of plotlines and not having a clue what's going on.

But seriously, "Glee" has a recap and this doesn't? You're utterly confused even as a regular viewer, let alone if you hadn't seen it before.

Si.

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Bobby's wife suddenly reveals she had a snatched daughter!

Fabulous!

Si.
    Indeed. The easiest piece of scripting available to a writer!
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Channel 5 has announced that Dallas is to be moved to a new late-night slot.

The US soap drama will air its season two episodes at 11pm from Tuesday, February 19.

It was previously shown at 9pm, but has seen poor ratings since it returned in January.

Last night's episode attracted only 0.62 million viewers, down from the 0.71m that watched the season premiere in late January.

Its debut was seen by nearly 3 million viewers when it first launched in September 2012.

A spokesperson at Channel 5 said: "Because Dallas has not performed as well as we wanted we have moved it to a different time slot."

The second season of the show will focus on the fall of JR Ewing, following the death of actor Larry Hagman in November.

Its ratings have also dipped in the US on cable channel TNT. Its second season premiere was watched by 2.98m, before dropping 25% to 2.23m.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Jeez. Channel 5 have one decent show after all these years, and don't know how to promote it.

Better episode this week than the week before, and finally having a recap was very welcome.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

I see it moved to 11 from this week in fact! Still enjoying it, though it's a real shame we know there's not much more to come from JR, as Larry Hagman is still stealing the show - especially this week! And what a shock ending!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Curnow View Post
    I see it moved to 11 from this week in fact!
    And the continuity announcer had some nerve trying to suggest they moved it to 11 because of the 'content'....

Still enjoying it too, with all it's breakneck speed!

"Now in its sexy new timeslot" - yeah right!

Larry still steals very scene Darlin' - it's going to leave a gaping hole when he's no longer around.

I knew the ending was coming (my powers of deduction are getting better!) but it was still a shock ending!

It looks to me as if Channel 5 are just trying to get the next series on the cheap by claiming it isn't successful...apparently the ratings they are claiming are low are just the overnights... the figures rise significantly after the Sky+ viewings etc are all taken into account, just like Doctor Who. The first two episodes shown at 9.00 actually got 1.2 million viewers, so if they lost almost a million viewers by moving it to a late-night slot they can't blame anyone but themselves, can they? Not to mention the fact that Ch5 don't generally get figures over 3 million for anything...

I think they're either trying to get the next series cheaply, or dump it totally so that they can use the money to make another crappy reality show which is more up their street. Let a channel which can appreciate the series and know how to treat it get their hands on it, that's what I say...

Saturday nights at 9.00pm

Agreed. The real insult, I felt, was the programme they replaced it with (last week).

Really loved last night's episode, totally bonkers!

Poor old Frank - I didn't see where that was going at all. And good to see Cliff back, and looking I'd say a bit healthier than he did last year. It's still great stuff (even if Harris's Mum is weird!).

Bobby's Attorney is the busiest he's ever been. I'd demand a raise!

I'm sure Harve Smithfield would have got him off by now!!

Well, after being on the edge of my seat since episode 1 of S1, for the first time I was slightly bored this week. Around the point that the 'One Month Later' caption popped up.

The twists and turns this show take are almost exhausting. Every episode is awash with double crossing high jinks, partner swapping and courtroom scenes.

It's fantastic!

I've almost caught up now- just this weeks episode to do now and I'm really enjoying it still. Loving Sue Ellen coming to the forefront of the storylines (wonder if this is a result of JR not being in it so much?) and that the writers have remembered that she could be a right bitch at times too. Nice to see her so involved.

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

I agree, this is the best thing on TV. I absolutely loved the uncertainty in the court room and you thought that Emma but betray her evil parents and then she DIDN'T! Linda Gray is an absolute icon!

Si.

Just watched the funeral. Very well done. Linda Gray stole the show.

Agreed - I had to laugh when she said she was still a bit drunk at the funeral!! What a corker of an episode.

Wow, woah, and waaah!

Absolutely superb stuff, the opening credits were a great idea.

I can't help thinking though that they maybe should have gone for a double shooting, where JR and Cliff shot each other. Kercheval doesn't look very well either, and it seems obvious that he can't manage very long or complicated scenes any more.

And we have a new poison dwarf!

And they finally mentioned Pam (as I guessed they would).

It was wonderful. I didn't think I'd care, being a new viewer, but it was truly moving. The way they stitched all the old footage together was masterful, and we were willing Linda Gray away from the drink. Elsewhere the relationship between Ryland and his evil Mother is captivating - is it incest? The final unveiling of a grand deception around JR's shooting show's that they've cleverly used the forced plot development to spin yet more masterful storylines out from it.

Please let this show go on forever!

Si.

PS Have you ever seen so much botox at one memorial service?

It was excellently done and very moving. I loved the alternate titles, which worked so brilliantly with JR walking off into the sunset at the South Fork gates- just magnificent and a lovely last salute to him.

I loved the scene of the three ex-wives chatting together about being with him and all the little cameos from the old characters that I kind of half recognised from the 80s.

Linda Gray has been so awesome in all this- her scenes have been brilliant- going for the whisky- like Si i was willing her not to do it! And I loved her speech at the funeral- really well played,

But even more so, Patrick Duffy rose to the occasion and gave his full. He was wonderful and his scene at the end, toasting JR and then breaking down was just incredible.

Linda is 72! Amazing.

Drink! Ex-wives! Blackmail! Bombs!

Another typical week in Dallas!

That ex-wive creature was mesmerising. What was it? It was like a 100 year old teenager?

Only in Dallas can miss Ellie come back from the dead to posthumously give John Ross half of Southwark. That man's sex drive is incredible - he seems to have sex about twice a day with different women each time. I love the camera trickery to avoid revealing that the oil rig was no such thing. And Cliff Barnes is truly the most evil man ever, deliberating a whole five seconds before giving the order to blow up the oil rig his pregnant daughter was on!

Si.

I'm not sure I'm comfortable with Cliff being the world's most evil man...

I wasn't expecting Valeeen to turn up, especially not looking quite so scary!

Not a good time for Harris Ryland, is it? I'm expecting him to be facially scarred at the hands of the Ewings next week, for a full house....