Default Who was Roger K Barrett?

The infamous Roger K Barrett (a pseudonym for a chap with the initials “AG”;although his real name is well known among Who fans, I have no wish to print it here),
    Let's get to the bottom of this. Apparently he is well known. Maybe I'm being stupid but just who is AG?

I think given what he's done, we don't owe him anything, and could safely unmask him here.

Apparently he actually appeared on the 1993 Missing Episodes documentary but I've never quite worked out who he was. Was he the spivvy chap with glasses who said "People out there would kill to see this stuff again"?

Si.

A bit of googling turned up the name Anthony Goodman.

http://www.paullee.com/drwho/missing...revisited.html

Some interesting reading, this bit sticks out...

When it came to Doctor Who, Steve Bryant gave his account of the day he was phoned up by the Mormons, expecting a religious spiel, only to be informed that a pile of film cans had been found in the basement of one of their churches. Cue clip from "The Dalek Masterplan:10". Adam Lee was more dismissive towards fans. He said that a few months back a rumour surfaced that material was coming back from overseas ("The Scandinavian tapes"?) and, within weeks, the story had snowballed into a notion that "every missing episode was coming back".
    Sound familiar?
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild

Quote Originally Posted by Si Hunt View Post
    Apparently he actually appeared on the 1993 Missing Episodes documentary but I've never quite worked out who he was. Was he the spivvy chap with glasses who said "People out there would kill to see this stuff again"?

Si.

From that link....

As the 30th anniversary of the series approached, it became known that there would be a series of 5 minute long vignettes designed to cover different aspects of the series, to top a 6 week long repeat series of "Planet of the Daleks". To start the black and white episode 3 would be a short feature on the missing episodes.

Steve Roberts had passed my articles onto the team behind the vignettes ("The Late Show" team), and Joanna Bailey, the producer of that installment, was soon in touch. She was keen for me to appear on camera at the BBC Archive in Windmill Road, Brentford, to be interviewed.

Little did I know that Anthony Goodman had also been filmed. He was filmed in silhouette to make it more melodramatic. Joanna's brief to Anthony, as he told me later, was to make Doctor Who fans appear to be gullible, childish idiots. If I had known this, I would not have appeared. The 5 other vignettes were kind to the fans, with this one going out of its way to insult us. Adam Lee's comments on Doctor Who fans was pretty damned libellous too given all that has been done for the BBC. I was later to learn that Adam left his post as Archive Selector for archivist at the Written Archives centre a few months later.Coincidence? He certainly wasn't available at Missing Believed Wiped 2 the next year.
    “If my sons did not want wars, there would be none.” - Gutle Schnaper Rothschild