Default Bloopers, snafus and plot holes

I'll start off with one i just noticed:

The Robots of Death - There's a bit of a plot hole: Taren Capel programmes the robots to recognise his voice, but not to recognise his face?

That would have scuppered the Doctor's plan.

Maybe it was so the robots couldn't accidentally give him away as being Dask?

When the fourth Doctor falls at the end of Logopolis, he is wearing brown boots. In episode one of Castrovalva, the fifth Doctor takes off items of the fourth Doctor's clothing to mark his route in the Tardis including brown shoes.
    I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?

Whole books have been written on this subject, but one of my personal favourites is the fact that the Cybermen are defeated because they forgot to put an interior door handle on their Tomb and left their revitalising machine on the wrong side of the door...

Mind you, Sutekh's plans only got as far as they did because practically everything he needed to destroy or break into the Pyramid of Mars was buried with him...

Then there's The Curse of Fenric. A story in which a group of Russian soldiers think they can steal the Ultima machine, a computer that takes up an entire side of a room, with a dozen men and a couple of rubber dinghies. Not only that but the British think that they can hide a flask of deadly toxin inside it and that the Russians will at no point try to open the machine (as it seems you have to in order to make it work) or dismantle it for transport and spot this thing before they get it all the way back to the Kremlin...

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Wallis View Post
    Mind you, Sutekh's plans only got as far as they did because practically everything he needed to destroy or break into the Pyramid of Mars was buried with him...
    I've never had a problem with this - I assumed the human followers of Sutekh had arranged for all the "god's grave goods" to be buried nearby (after all, we don't see Scarman recover these objects from the tomb that he finds Sutekh in - maybe once he was possessed he went and dug them up from somewhere else ? )
    Bazinga !

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Masters View Post
    I've never had a problem with this - I assumed the human followers of Sutekh had arranged for all the "god's grave goods" to be buried nearby (after all, we don't see Scarman recover these objects from the tomb that he finds Sutekh in - maybe once he was possessed he went and dug them up from somewhere else ? )
    But why was any of it left behind on Earth in the first place? Once Horus stuck Sutekh down there, does leaving a whole bunch of stuff that Sutekh could use to build a rocket along with a bunch of servitor robots somewhere nearby for a mind-controlled person who happened to stumble into his tomb to find and use to engineer his escape really seem like a better idea than taking everything Osiran off Earth altogether?

Of course the bit that really bugs me is when they totally mess up the time it takes for radio signals to get from Mars to Earth right at the end. Even at its closest approach Mars is more than two light-minutes from Earth.

How does the Doctor change his clothes so quickly at the start of Robot?
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

I wonder - maybe time passes differently inside the TARDIS, which explains why it so often is that it takes off before the Doctor's had time to set the controls...

A very good answer Mr Wallis!
    Pity. I have no understanding of the word. It is not registered in my vocabulary bank. EXTERMINATE!

"It's because inside and outside are not in the smae dimension."

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Neither are the minds of most politicians and the rest of us, but I haven't noticed the Harold Macmillan Show celebrating its golden anniversary lately...

There was one real howler that nobody talks about. This disgraceful mess-up occurred in the mid-seventies. One minute the Doctor is being played by this tall geezer with white hair, right. Then later on, he's still played by a tall geezer - but this geezer, get it, has brown, curly hair! How did that happen? Do they think we wouldn't have noticed?

If ever there was an argument for the BBC losing it's licence fee, then this was definitely it.

This is the first any of us have heard of this! It's an absolute disgrace - political something-or-other gone mad!

I'm not sure that Stuart and Steve are taking this thread seriously!!!

I thought this was a Snafus:

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    Be very afraid when we do!

When they discovered pixie sized Master and have a nice little chat with him, why do none of them realise that they should grab him and pick him up before he can revive Kamelion to save him?

Special effects limitations? I'd love to see an episode where the Doctor arrives and stops something happening in the first minute so the rest of the episode is full of "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead" type shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lethbridge-Stewart View Post
    You have to be careful, otherwise the lunatics might take over the asylum :-)
    Assume you're going to Win
    Always have an Edge

Might...?