Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yes, the preview clip was rather good wasn't it? Whets the appetite even more.

Come on Team Time Lord!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

Since I was home today, I watched Totally this evening - it's clearly a lot, lot better than what I saw of season 1. Having avoided spoilers like the plague, I was consequently not expecting Evil Scarecrows, so am now very curious as to what episode(s) they are in. Mind you, since I don't know exactly what titles are coming up later in the series, they could be making the Scratchman story for all I know!

Nice to see RTD given some comic material when dealing with Barney. Unless of course he really doesn't like him!!

Shortly after five o'clock yesterday, the word 'Macra' was mentioned four times in quick succession on CBBC. How utterly, utterly bizarre.

Lenora/Leonora (delete as applicable) Crichlow was looking good - pity they barely spoke to her.

Miranda Raison was looking good. Also enjoyed the ropey dancers (looked like one of them had a beer gut!), Kirsten in New York, Helen Raynor's nips and Cap'n Calico.

I should moan about not being "overly impressed" with the clip from tomorrow's episode, shouldn't I? I think it's the law over on the OG Totally thread.

I've managed to miss all three showings so far!
    Miranda Raison was looking good.
    I did see a little bit last night, though, and I agree with this.

I've still only seen half of one of these since they first started.

I have to watch parts of this through my fingers. It's so well intentioned and yet so unwatchable for the grown up.

I missed the first couple of minutes but I finally saw one of these...I'll not worry about missing it in the future.
    It tells you something when the best bit was the 3 minutes of cartoon.

Where's all the Gugu love?

I prefer Adjoa. She's more iconic!

Si xx

I've just got my handcuffs and my truncheon and that's enough.

It seemed a bit of a dull one, yesterday, with no studio guests other than that Curnow bloke - they get everywhere.

However, Team Time Lord seem to be staging the comeback of the century.

Kirsten was looking good, too.

The feature on the catering van was a new low!

Si.

This series has been a vast improvement on last year's - for starters, they've got rid of the extremely annoying Liz Barker, and also the team competition is much more interesting and relevant to Who than last year's ill thought out Companion Academy.

The Saturday morning BBC2 repeat is handy and is my first port of call for seeing it, and works rather well as part of the build-up to the evening's new episode. I guess many fans will have been attracted by the new animation, but in all honesty I'm struggling with it - for 3/4 minutes per week over a 3 month period, I just can't recall what's going on!

We agree, the cartoon is impossible to follow! Sadly, we think that (ironically, after the revamp) it's exactly the same as last years. The competitions are moronic - surely you'd have to be made of lead not to identify the silouette of a Dalek (and there's CLUES AS WELL!) - and the dire Companion Academy has been replaced with... a feature where a load of kids do a Doctor Who related "challenge". Someone tell us the difference!

If it wasn't for the fact that we enjoy laughing at the eight year olds as compensation for being bitter that we never had it this good when we were that age, the show would be a dead loss!

Si.

I've just seen it for the first time and quite liked it. The cartoon is quite good, although the animation is a bit stilted.

Maybe I have far too much time on my hands.... but I am besotted with Totally Doctor Who! I know it's for kids, and I'm far too old, but I want to be in the audience! It's better than last years at any case.
    Although my favourite moment was from last year, when David Tennant was first on. he looked awkward, but polite, and at the end they gave him a cake... that got him! He relaxed and softened. Awww....
    Remember when Christopher E. was on Blue Peter? He was chatty enough, but then one of the presenters PUT ON HIS LEATHER JACKET!!!
    For one split second, I thought Chris was going to lamp him! Can't see him doing Totally to be honest.....

Who spotted ex-PS poster Scott Handcock on screen for about five minutes as an extra in yesterdays show?!

Si.

Indeed I did this morning - I've also seen his name on the credits sometimes on Confidential in some production capacity.

Presumably he was an extra in Human Nature/FOB?

Pip Madeley Guest

I caught the second half of today's show, I was interested that Barney called the upcoming episodes a 3-parter... I guess the episodes are linked by more than Captain Jack? Nevertheless, it reminded me of 'The Two Doctors', as that was three 45min episodes.

Radio 1 have also been trailering it as a three-parter.

The Valeyard links them all.

Can't be a three-parter as there's two different directors!

Plus RT refers to the two-part season finale starting in next week's issue.

Pip Madeley Guest

Good episode today, and an exciting new clip...

People may be interested to know that they'll be showing the whole 'Dr Who: The Infinite Quest' animation - what you might call an "omnibus" edition - soon on CBBC2.

A boy who shall be nameless thought yesterdays mysterious shadow monster was Jon Pertwee.

Si.

So, Team TARDIS nicked it at the death! Notice, though, the kids all seemed far more excited by the pictures they were given (which, to be fair, were pretty good, and a lovely memento for them) than the big prize itself - watching the Blackpool illuminations being switched on! Wooo!