Madonna, Genesis, James Blunt and the Red Hot Chili Peppers will be among the headliners at the London show of the global series of Live Earth concerts. They will be joined at Wembley Stadium by groups including Foo Fighters, Duran Duran, Snow Patrol and Razorlight.

Live Earth will take place on 7 July across seven continents, as a way of highlighting climate change. Some of the acts had already endorsed the project but Wembley's full line-up had not previously been confirmed.

A total of 17 acts have been announced for Wembley, with the promise of more to follow. The diverse line-up include rap group The Beastie Boys, singer-songwriters David Gray and Damien Rice, and R&B pianist John Legend. Black Eyed Peas, Bloc Party, Corinne Bailey Rae, Keane and Paolo Nutini complete the bill so far.

The organisers said that tickets would be allocated by a ballot, and fans would be able to register their interest online for 72 hours from 1200 BST on Friday. Tickets, priced at 55 each, would be limited to two per applicant and could then be purchased from Wednesday 18 April.

The concerts aim to set a "green example" for other music events by using measures such as eco-friendly electricity, sustainable lighting and carbon-neutral travel.

"We hope Live Earth will launch a global campaign, giving a critical mass of people around the world the tools they need to help solve the climate crisis."

All profits will go to organisations including the Alliance for Climate Protection, the Climate Group and Stop Climate Chaos.
Doesn't look too bad, does it! Three of my all time favourite bands on the same bill... shame I won't be able to go though, I'll be in Manchester for the big Genesis gig later the same day